Woodforde's Bure Gold

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good then I presume? :D

I'd been put of trying this as the Woodforde's kits can be a bit thin sometimes and this beer would potentially make that worse. Some years back I got a Sundew kit from Tesco Direct when they stopped doing homebrew and flogged all the remaining stock cheap. On the advice of members here saying the kit was a bit lacking I ended up brewing that with a additional light crystal grain steep, a Cascade dry hop and possibly only to 20L. It was okay but not amazing and therefore I thought not worthy of a repeat brew. Kind of written off the Bure Gold as I thought it might be similar but may well give it a try now. athumb..

Good then I presume? :D

I'd been put of trying this as the Woodforde's kits can be a bit thin sometimes and this beer would potentially make that worse..

It is without a doubt the best kit I have ever brewed. I have already ordered another kit to get brewing with as I can see this isn't going to last me very long, I only kegged it on 22/02 so it's a little young yet but after a sneaky couldn't resist little taster last night I ended up down another 2 pints of it.

If I have one minor and it's very minor issue is that next time I will only use half the dry hop pellets they supply.

You can definitely taste the hops but they don't make it that bitter at all.

Back