Woodfords admirals reserve fermentation problems

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simoncbr600steelie

Reaction score
Hi
I started 32 pints of woodfords admirals reserve 14 days ago, I had no signs of bubbling at the air lock but put this down to a leak at the grommet. I could see after a few days some foam around the inside of the bucket & looking at the liquid I could see some bubbles but not really prolific just steady small bubbles rising,
I forgot to take the og reading but now it’s on 1015, is this about the right sg for the time in the fermentation bucket?
Thanks

Yes that seems about right. FG for kits like this is usually 1.012-1.015 so check again in a couple of days and if it hasn't moved, it's ready, if it has moved check again a couple of days later and once it's stable you can bottle it.

Yes that seems about right. FG for kits like this is usually 1.012-1.015 so check again in a couple of days and if it hasn't moved, it's ready, if it has moved check again a couple of days later and once it's stable you can bottle it.
Thanks for your help

Back