wort chiller designs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulski

Reaction score
hi any one no of a wort chiller design wont to build an imersion one with prob 2 lots of 8mmx 25m copper coil but dont no how to keep it riged and seperate at the same time,would love to see photos have browsed but cant find anything

Try the How to section. There's a good post with some good pictures. I'd provide a link but don't know how. There's irony for you. :D

you beat me to it Neil :lol: :clap: :clap:

The rigidity comes from soldering the coils at strategic points to the 15mm pipes running up the side of the coils - it works very well :thumb:

thats what im talking about big yin just need my turns a bit bigger as im doing a 100ltr boiler, just abit worried they wont support itself,nice job thou

As long as you have something of a suitable size to use as a former for the coils, you'll be fine.

If that's not enough, you can use left over bits of tube to solder on in strategic places to give additional rigidity.

Just remember to stick to the soldering mantra - clean - flux - solder :thumb:

wow i like the wort chiller spacer bar thats the best i seen so far cracking idea i may try that it will stop the kangerroo thing every time you pick it up :cheers: :clap:

ps is it ok to use aluminium strips will it taint the beer in any way ?????

aluminium has been discussed a few times. I think the general agreement in a nutshell goes along the lines of the "worry" about "mental health" implications that aluminium has in relation to being in contact with food produce came from a poorly conducted survey many moons ago. In terms of taste etc then I would say no. Many people use Aluminium pots with no problems. For me I personally wouldn't use a whole pot made of aluminium as I'm a tad sceptical, but as a few small strips in the wort for the last 10 mins I'd not be concerned.
see here for another research thread.

Latest posts

Back