Wort Chillers and the Hosepipe Ban

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mungri

Landlord.
Reaction score
I requested an exemption from United Utilities from the upcoming hosepipe ban. Filled a short form in on their website last Thursday.
Had a phone call this morning from UU and was told that our chillers are exempt from the ban if we re-use the water.
I told the lady that I couldn't see that info anywhere on the website and she just said there wasn't room to list every piece of equipment that's exempt.
So it looks like we're in the clear.:thumb: Happy days.

Well I'll definitely sleep better tonight. I was dreading the hose pipe police coming to take me away from the wife n kids. abigt

Excellent news. I've saved the water from my last 2 brews already, which I've used to water the garden. Next brew will be after the ban comes in this weekend.

Excellent news. I've saved the water from my last 2 brews already, which I've used to water the garden. Next brew will be after the ban comes in this weekend.
Me too. Brewing Sunday.
I know it’s not crime of the century, but we have one particular neighbor who wouldn’t think twice about reporting it.
It’s just nice to know we,re exempt.

Me too. Brewing Sunday.
I know it’s not crime of the century, but we have one particular neighbor who wouldn’t think twice about reporting it.
It’s just nice to know we,re exempt.
I would spray that particular neighbor next time he walks past hose pipe ban or not, I saw someone being interviewed on TV the other day and she admitted nobody has ever been fined for going against a hose pipe ban.

If only life was that lovely. I could pump a litre of hot wort in as well for good measure.

From what I have seen on this forum, some home brewers are far better skilled at water management & pipework than my local water company SWW (South Waste Water)

As of today the North West hosepipe ban has been called off! The regional total in the reservoirs has risen slightly to 56.5%.

Back