Worthington White Shield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clampit

Reaction score
Hi all
Don't know if anyone can help, I collect pump clips for brews I put on hand pumps, I recently acquired what was stated to de a White Shield Clip, on arrival it was obvious by its size it is no a clip or badge, it is made of brass has enamel inlay and has no evidence of a clip or clasp it is just plain milled brass.
I have been on to the Burton on Trent museum but baffled as to its identity I have attached a pic, the white base has been added for viewing article image.jpg

Google it...lots of info on Worthington White Shield IPA...
It was first introduced in 1829.
With reference to the wording on the item ...refers to King George IV who was King in 1829..you might have an original piece there! Wonder if it is a pump label or maybe a shipping label?

Cheers
Clint

Was White Shield ever on pump?
I only remember it being bottle conditioned. Used to drink it a long time ago in the 'Gentlemen Only' bar at The Bell in Sadler Gate in Derby. The bar staff had certificates behind the bar to say they were qualified to pour it without getting yeast in the glass.

Reportedly sold in every pub in England. ..back in the day. It looks like an original piece King George having only been king until 1830. I think it was originally a wall or door handle mount/decoration.

Cheers

Clint

Back