Would you still vote for Brexit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you voted Yes to Brexit would you still do so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole of the UK is divided on this and other issues so it's not really surprising it rears its head on here too unfortunately.
It's done, though. We left. We need to get on with making a success of what we now have as non-members, that's the thing.

Whatever does happen, we'll still be trading and interacting with the eu, as many other countries and entities do, and trading and interacting with other countries and entities as the eu does. Personally, I do hope we get some sort of mutually acceptable trading arrangement, it's what we want with other entities after all, and if we don't get one now, both parties will I'm sure still work for one at some future time.

I think that many people don't like what they perceive as "working for failure" in the part of some people (I am not accusing you!).

Somerset do a nice brie.
Oops, a bit late to the party :laugh8:
My opinion, Brexit us a bit like glass half empty and glass half full. Depending on your preference it will be bad or good when in fact it's neither. The world we live in is chaotic at the best of times. If you think everything is going to be Rosey post Brexit, think again. If you think everything was going to be Rosey if we had stayed in the EU, think again. Two of the biggest financial and economic crises were nothing to do with being in or out, they were/are global.

I didn't vote before but would vote for brexit now. I don't see it going well but think we are in a better position to recover from the Covid crisis outside the EU.

I didn't vote before but would vote for brexit now. I don't see it going well but think we are in a better position to recover from the Covid crisis outside the EU.

Can I ask how you came to this conclusion? Not looking to start an argument, just want to know the reasoning.

I voted to Remain originally but in all honesty I'm fed up of hearing about it.

Like chopps has said the country voted for it so lets just get on with it and make the best of it. If the pandemic hadn't hit maybe we would be in a better position with it, who knows.

It's in everyone's interest to get a deal done with the EU, there's as well.

There was never a probability of a deal, the single market rules were clear and won't be slackened for one ex-member, if they did other nations might follow.

I was of course using the brie as an example of potential food shortages and issues with trade in general, not as my only form of reasoning.

Yep. We might need to get a bit creative but still the vast majority of our food is non-EU sourced. 74% according to uk.gov
I reckon we might have to adapt to the seasons like nature intended. Maybe Spanish strawberries in February is no longer a cost-sensible option.
Eating seasonal locally grown produce is the right thing to do for many reasons, and we've stopped doing this generally in UK over the last generation or two.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...tatistics-in-your-pocket-global-and-uk-supply

Last edited:
I voted remain but now embrace leave.
If there was another vote I would vote leave, I don't like the authoritarian nature of the EU and it has been exposed more than ever.
We may as well just go for it **** or bust, the countries half bankrupt and businesses have been turned on their head or wrecked with Covid, so not like we are in a stable position anyway.

If there was another vote I would vote leave, I don't like the authoritarian nature of the EU and it has been exposed more than ever.

I didn't vote but was close to voting leave for the reason above.
Soon after the result was announced and all the remainers started telling the leavers they had made a monumental **** up i wish i had voted leave, if we could vote now i would vote leave again for the reasons above.

There was never a probability of a deal, the single market rules were clear and won't be slackened for one ex-member, if they did other nations might follow.
Yes though the UK is the 3rd biggest market in the EU so it is the EU interest as well as the UK interest to achieve a deal, it affects both massively. If there is no deal now there could be in the future of course

Interestingly, only 4 out of 18 posts answer the question (plus one who wasn't entitled to vote). Even the OP doesn't make his position clear.
But it's a hypothetical question based on what we knew 4½ years ago and what we know today. Do we have a better idea of things today? Of course we do. The way the question is framed, only those who voted leave the the first time round are invited to say whether they would vote the same way now. So I can't answer as I voted remain.
There's a second question:

I'm not sure what that is asking. I think the ratifying vote was the last General Election, where people voted to "get Brexit done".
Damn it you’re right, I didn’t answer the question either, and I can’t lol.

That’s what you get for skim reading

The UK are attempting to negotiate a trade deal, not membership of the single market. We have left the EU. I don't understand why you think a trade deal is possible between the EU and, say, Canada, but not the EU and the UK?

Can you elaborate?

Can I ask how you came to this conclusion? Not looking to start an argument, just want to know the reasoning.
Most of the benefit will come from having our own currency so irrelevant to brexit, but we can choose to take an approach thats best for us without having things vetoed, we can choose where to take advantage of cheaper goods from the rest of the world and where to protect our industries but I don't have alot of confidence will will get it right.

Strange how the EU is supposed to be such a great thing for it's member states, but at the same time they are terrified we might do better outside the EU, so they feel the need to hobble us.
I can't help but think the only reason people in this country are still siding with the EU is that by being tied to the EU still kind of leaves one foot in the door for a future government to get us back in.
I just think at this point we will have to just leave on WTO terms and build a new relationship from there. I realise there will be a lot of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back