Would you still vote for Brexit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you voted Yes to Brexit would you still do so?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you’re saying @pilgrimhudd and do not disagree except to say IMO it will be individual businesses and their employees that make Brexit a success or a failure at the end of the day. Do not encourage or wish for the government (of whatever colour) to be more involved! They will only cock things up! :laugh8:

I agree, but they should at least be a stabilising factor in it all, this government clearly doesn't know what it's doing from one day to the next.

Stabilising is good. In as far as Brexit is concerned the main task of the government is to agree trade deals (which it’s doing with other countries) and setting appropriate tariffs when needed.

Voted leave, would still vote leave. Love hearing the "you lost, move on" crowd who forget they campaigned to leave for years after the country voted to join the EEC all those years ago. If you think something is a bad idea you don't just give up on it because a slim majority say so.

I think you might be surprised there. If we were in the EEC I think a lot of leave voters would be happy to remain. The problem came when the EEC became the EU and all that went with that! And that’s where the problems started. I think others on this thread have said the same.

I think you might be surprised there. If we were in the EEC I think a lot of leave voters would be happy to remain. The problem came when the EEC became the EU and all that went with that! And that’s where the problems started. I think others on this thread have said the same.

I think that is the Norway option. That could and should have been on the ballot. But no the hard Brexiteers wanted to be free. 😥

I think that is the Norway option. That could and should have been on the ballot. But no the hard Brexiteers wanted to be free. 😥

The referendum question was:

Ballot Paper said:
Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?
☐ Remain a member of the European Union
☐ Leave the European Union

Ex-leavers, various, insist that "They did not ask for a "deal", it wasn't on the paper".
Ex-remainers, various, insist that "There should have been "deal or no deal" on the paper".

It's now of academic interest only. We left the eu nearly 11 months ago.

I think everyone should be taking heed of the wise words of Confucius, 'Keep your eyes on the road ahead, not on the rear view mirror'
Just keep in mind that Boris is trying to get the best deal possible, while completely severing the umbilical cord between the EU and GB.
It was never going to be easy, even without a deal the sky will not fall.

In Australia when UK joined the Common Market Australia was left high and dry as 90+% of Australia's produce was going to the UK, I expect it was hard for those exporters in those times but they overcame the obstacles, adapted, found a niche in the Asian market and flourished.

Most definitely still vote for Brexit. With the EU so scared that we won't fall for their "level playing field" just shows how much they know they'll struggle to be competitive against the UK.

Bye bye.
Your few contributions have been duly noted and appear to have covered a number of emotions from members including praise, derision, incredulity, and a thinly veiled warning.
Hope you manage to calm down a little, lose some of your anger, and enjoy life a little more. athumb..
I have a very good life thanks very much. Just not a fan of brainwashed cultists. 👋

Agree except that the whole essence of the change you mention was foreseeable from when we joined the EEC. Politicians as varied as Hugh Gaitskell Enoch Powell and Anthony Wedgewood Benn (he later called himself Tony Benn to sound like a man of the people) all warned about the federalisation plan and likely loss of sovereignty. They were all ignored and both Wilson and Heath lied to the country on this point. Heath was determined to join at any price.

Most definitely still vote for Brexit. With the EU so scared that we won't fall for their "level playing field" just shows how much they know they'll struggle to be competitive against the UK.
I can't tell if you're joking or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back