Wow variant and general wine making

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaslam07

Reaction score
Finding it hard to find grape juice. So far have got 100% pure orange juice from concentrate, red grape juice 100% fruit content not from concentrate, pineapple juice 100% fruit concentrate from concentrate, rubicon passion fruit, and morrisons mango juice, these 2 do not say from concentrate or pure etc.

Looking at mixing pineapple and red grape juice
And orange juice with passion fruit
And orange juice with white grape juice when I find it.

Will these work as some aren't from concentrate, will it just be in there for flavour rather than alcohol content ? Will it stop fermentation ? And should I boil in case there's anything in there I don't want ?

Hey,

Red grape juice 100% should be fine just one is red and one is white but it should be ok to use.
(anyone else post Correct me if wrong)

Lidl do a red grape juice (from concentrate) for about 85p. In Tesco you can usually get red and white grape juices but today when I checked they were £1.25 each... I'll wait til there's a special offer. In my local Home Bargains they were selling white grape and peach juice for 59p a litre, although I forgot to check whether that was pure or diluted.

If it is 100% juice it should be fine, doesn't matter if it's from concentrate or not. If there is preservative in it it will always be listed in the ingredients - if it says ascorbic acid then it's fine, but most others (potassium sorbate, other chemical sounding names) will need to be boiled. Anything in a long life carton (not in the fridge) does not usually have preservatives.

If they are not 100% juice (and these will usually be called "juice drink" rather than just juice), you could try using them for the whole volume of the batch i.e. use 5 litre cartons of juice drink for a 5l batch, and add extra sugar as needed.

Gayle said:
In Tesco you can usually get red and white grape juices but today when I checked they were £1.25 each

That's for fresh-pressed juice. From-concentrate is 85p.

Also, Sainsburys no longer stock WGJ.

Ahh right cheers will do tomorrow

As for the passion fruit it's ingredients stabiliser ( pectin ), vitamin c, flavourings, colour ( beta carotene )
Is this usable, do I just boil it in a pan, for how long etc ?

Mango juice drink, citric acid, stabiliser ( pectin ) flavouring
Same question with this

Thanks

Back