www.cornykegsdirect.com

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseljockey

Regular.
Reaction score
Any of you guys know anything about this site...HERE
They have cornies at £36. :clap: ...I don't need anymore, but I tried to add a cornie to the basket and it won't have it, and I don't know why. I did get a couple of accessories in the basket but didn't cash out.

There seems to be a shortage of cornies of late....and I know we have guys asking where to find cornies on a regular basis. At this price they look ok....but as anyone bought off them???

Mark1964 said:
hope they are not dented too much

They always have little dinks....will have to wait and see if anyone buys off them.....could be a new supply of kegs.. :thumb:

I tried the other week too. The fella is based in Thetford iirc. Good price, but I don't think he has any of the £36 ones left.

They used to sell on ebay too under the same name. I think the cheaper ones they sold were the ones with no pressure release valve.

I looked at the site before but couldn't add any of the kegs to the basket. Plus swmbo told me I can't have kegs :( but I'm nagging till she gives in :thumb:

I don't see the link for norm... My anyone got an email address?
Decided that cornys are the way to go, but I need a cheap setup with 2kegs to begin with.

£36 for kegs in unknown condition, visually inspected but not tested in any way, O-rings will probably need replacing and poppets could leak :wha:

Doesn't sound that great a deal to me.

I was also unable to add one to my shopping cart.

Moley said:
£36 for kegs in unknown condition, visually inspected but not tested in any way, O-rings will probably need replacing and poppets could leak :wha:

The reconditioned ones with new seals and a prv at £56 doesn't seem to bad.
A friend of mine bought 3 of the £36 ones a while back which I've had a look at and they seemed to be in pretty good condition (though the prv hole was welded over). He did however collect in person so may well have got some of the better ones.

They don't appear to have any stock, I've been looking for cornies and I am waiting on a reply from elsewhere if they have any I will let you guys know (after I've placed my order)

I can vouch for this guy. I bought four kegs from him but got the ones with the PRV. They all cleaned up nice and shiny and. we're in real good shape. At the time I couldn't get them to seal as I didnt have a reliable gas supply and didnt know how to seal keg lids properly so I gave the guy a bad rap over it, which I now feel really had about as he provided an awesome service, was a pleasure to deal with and was a really sound guy.
All kegs sealed, look the business and I have two in my kegerator. my brother had the other two in his. they came with old syrup in them, needed a clean and the seals replaced but otherwise can't fault and that's what it said in the description.

I wouldn't hesitate to give him a ring if I needed more.

Belter

Belter said:
I bought four kegs from him but got the ones with the PRV.

I bought my first keg at the end of last year and it has the ring pull release and I thought that was preferred? I'm trying to source some from Germany but some seem to be without this valve and some mention manual release.
Google translate..... 'stainless steel lid, without vent valve (valves cover pose often used in containers, a risk of leakage). A manual air vent is located at the tank vent on the CO2-speed valve.

Can anyone shed any light on this, is there any pro's or con's for either?

Jimmy321 said:
Belter said:
I bought four kegs from him but got the ones with the PRV.

I bought my first keg at the end of last year and it has the ring pull release and I thought that was preferred? I'm trying to source some from Germany but some seem to be without this valve and some mention manual release.
Google translate..... 'stainless steel lid, without vent valve (valves cover pose often used in containers, a risk of leakage). A manual air vent is located at the tank vent on the CO2-speed valve.

Can anyone shed any light on this, is there any pro's or con's for either?

I'd always got for ones with a prv

Moley said:

+1 for that, I tried around october '12 couldn't add anything to my cart.

Also, no contact number makes me cautious.

I see some people have used them successfully - you get what you pay for in my experience.

Cost can be measured in many ways, time as well as purchase price, any spoiled beer, postage etc

+2 for that...thought i had found a secret stash but alas couldnt add to basket, luckily though i saw someone on ebay was selling 9 on ebay starting price £180 and only three had lids..he also had three new ones, i know they dont make them anymore, i done a deal with him, £210 for the three new ones and one of the best 2nd hand ones...the new ones look like they were never used, not a scuff on them or dent, even the black rubber was mint..i also bought all the other kit pictured but i think i paid over the odds for that :oops:

Nice close up of the new ones....
20130105_144438.jpg

And the rest of the gear alltogether...with not so new cornie
20130105_144400.jpg

Back