yeast help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ukeden

Reaction score
i just made up a batch of ginger beer from an essance added shugar water and yeast nutrient just added the yeast and it has all sank to the bottom is this normal never noticed it before or i have i went wrong somwere thanks for replys

it sounds like you did it right but just a few questions, did you stir the yeast in? some yeast say to stir it in, others say to leave it on the top. some you need to pre-make, how long did it take to do this? it could be just dead yeast? what type did you use ?.

Cheers

Andy

Depends on the yeast and the character of the liquid. I just made a couple of gallons of TC, and the (Young's cider) yeast sank when I put it in. Waited the 15 minutres, stirred it, now it's chugging away in the usual fashion. I daresay your ginger beer is too.

with my turbo cider, sprinkled the yeast over the topped and stirred it after 15 minutes as well, its got a huge head on it now. its working fine and starting to die down a bit now.

it was the youngs dried yeast just checked again and some of it has come back to the surface hopefully all will be well thanks for the replys

Latest posts

Back