Yeast issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACEKOS

Beer lover!
Reaction score
Hi all, any Buxton based members know where I can pick some west coast yeast up? I’m on a tour of Red Willow brewery today and need to pick some up to re-pitch, might be cheeky and ask the brewers? I had a heater fail fermenting, put a heat pad on and the yeast isn’t happy at all.

Thanks in advance
Al

Hi all, any Buxton based members know where I can pick some west coast yeast up? I’m on a tour of Red Willow brewery today and need to pick some up to re-pitch, might be cheeky and ask the brewers? I had a heater fail fermenting, put a heat pad on and the yeast isn’t happy at all.

Thanks in advance
Al
I visited Redwillow about 8 years ago and I seem to remember him saying they started out with Wyeast 1272 as their house yeast. I could be misremembering. I'm sure he'd give you some.

I visited Redwillow about 8 years ago and I seem to remember him saying they started out with Wyeast 1272 as their house yeast. I could be misremembering. I'm sure he'd give you some.
It’s got to be worth a try, it’s just stuck at the mo. Cheers clib 👍

Ask the brewer. He can always say no.
I haven't used brewery yeast in years, but I have used about 3 or 4 local breweries in the past. All were very happy to give me some yeast as they liked homebrewers. They repitched their own yeast, so lots of it went down the drain anyway so were more than happy to donate a small jamjar to a homebrewer.

Ask the brewer. He can always say no.
I haven't used brewery yeast in years, but I have used about 3 or 4 local breweries in the past. All were very happy to give me some yeast as they liked homebrewers. They repitched their own yeast, so lots of it went down the drain anyway so were more than happy to donate a small jamjar to a homebrewer.
Well they were brilliant, they poured me a container of yeast, so helpful, thread to follow 😊

Thanks in advance
Al
Ask Toby, he used to be a homebrewer.

Edit. You already did.

Back