youngs harvest yorkshire bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasea3632

Reaction score
Hi can anyone answer my question. when i brewed this up i actually did glance at the destructions for once and noticed that for normal youngs bitters you need 1 kg of sugar/bke but for the yorkshire it says 1.5 kg of sugar so i followed that, anyway i took a reading at the start and cannot remember what it was but it was higher than normal, i think it was 1.055 which would put it around 7%, is this correct and has anyone else founf this to be the case. the only reason i ask is because i have just sampled about 1 and half pints and it seems quite strong :drunk: or am i just becoming a light weight
:cheers:

I find a quick way to calculate the ABV is to assume a FG of 1010 and then do your maths based on 1.3% per 10 points on your hydrometer. (Not 100% accurate but a good ball park estimate :thumb: )
So.....OG 1055
-FG 1010
Gives 45 points difference. Divide by 10 to give 4.5 then multiply by 1.3 gives 6%. :thumb:
Check using online ABV calculator! (Just type in ABV calculator). I usually use Rooftop Brew but they are all bound to give the same results.
HTH :cheers:

Latest posts

Back