Youngs Peach and Passion fruit cider Pasteurize or not?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

titeyorkshire

Reaction score
Hello,
Confusing myself again this afternoon (instead of just getting on with brewing!!).
I've been reading information about back sweetening and pasteurization of sweet sparking cider. Does anyone know if this applies to the Young's Peach and Passion fruit cider kit?
The box says it has a "good level of sweet verses dry" and "light fizz". I am I right in assuming that this classes it as a sweet sparkling cider?
The kit instructions make no mention of adding any chemical to stop fermentation before adding the priming sugar. Does this mean that this cider is not back sweetened?
The reason I'm asking these questions and getting confused is that i'm going to bottle in champagne bottles with the plastic corks and will probably end up keeping quite a few stored away (maybe up to a year?) as I don't drink cider a lot, mostly on a hot afternoon, so I was wondering if pasteurizing will help the cider to last longer and keep its fizz and sweetness. I will NOT be storing in a fridge, just at room temperature. Is that even feasable?
Thanks.

IMG_20200704_165002970.jpg

Instructions in case useful

Back