Your Top Tip for a New Home Brewer ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toastie

Regular.
Reaction score
Im very new but and have learnt loads already , the forum has been fantastic and i would of fails for sure without the good people of this forums help , Big Thanks :)

Whats your best tip for a newbie

mine is -

Don't over tighten the top on the keg . iv learnt today it hasn't got to be as tight as you can get it , just nice an snug :)

Be patient, things taste better when they are left alone. Unfortunately new brewers think their beer will be ready the day after it has finished fermenting.

If something doesn't go as expected, dont panic, leave everything well alone and ask on here. Chances are loads of people have had the same problem and you'll be back on track in no time.

Don't try and hide anything from the mrs, she may get new shoes past you but mark my words she'll spot that new bit of kit a mile away. It's like they're psychic or something. :nono:

It is a learning process, don't get despondent if the first beer has issues.

And don't be afraid to ask (even if you think it sounds silly).

water treatment from wot i read so far :thumb: even down to camden tablet in water boiler night befour can make a lot of differnce :thumb:

Latest posts

Back