BBC Pay.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was rexpecting some surprises but Gary Lineker 1.8 million for what?

cccccccc.jpg

And really I cannot believe how reading the News, probably from an autocue, is worth £500K pa .
In the words of the immortal Yosser Hughes " I can do that".

And really I cannot believe how reading the News, probably from an autocue, is worth �£500K pa .
:thumb:yea,go on givus a job:lol:

If the highest was £500,000 i would have thought it about right but this is obscene.

What do they pay weather forecasters? Anything would be too much for these failed comedians. Coming on telly in their shirt and tie, telling me what I ought to like and not like and getting it consistently wrong anyway. Then there's Chris Evans. I cannot for the life of me understand why he is employed by anyone, let alone getting paid so much. Unbelievable. Still happy paying the teevee license for this bunch?

Thing with this pay it includes a lot of other jobs that they do, not just one show. A lot of the newsreaders do political shows and blogs and write articles, stories and actual onsite reporting, they earn that money. Whereas chris evans, well what does he do - talk on the radio, unless that money included last years top gear. There are also voice overs, kids programs etc that they all seem to have to muck in with now and again so the pay goes up.

Thing with this pay it includes a lot of other jobs that they do, not just one show. There are also voice overs, kids programs etc that they all seem to have to muck in with now and again so the pay goes up.

It must be awful for them.

It must be awful for them.
I can imagine it's horrible having to work and get paid well for it, which the vast majority don't do or get either. We would be the first to complain if a newsreader had a smirk or irreverant attitude while giving a serious news story. Well not defending the pay, still not as much as the fussball players get.

still not as much as the fussball players get.

Footballers are not paid out of funds from a licence fee paid by everyone without choice, football fans choose to pay for season tickets which cost a lot of money and understand the best players command the biggest fees.

Footballers are not paid out of funds from a licence fee paid by everyone without choice, football fans choose to pay for season tickets which cost a lot of money and understand the best players command the biggest fees..
And Wayne Rooney was worth every penny of the £300Kpw that Man U allegedly paid him :whistle:

And Wayne Rooney was worth every penny of the £300Kpw that Man U allegedly paid him :whistle:

I did say "the best players command the biggest fees" he seems to be the exception to the rule for some reason he managed to receive a huge amount for not a lot especially in his latter years. :wink:

And really I cannot believe how reading the News, probably from an autocue, is worth �£500K pa .

Gis us a job:mrgreen:

OK here we go, and this is my MAIN gripe...
some **** musician pours his heart and soul into making a hit record, at great expense,
and a disc jokey just pushes a button to play it and takes all the credit
a disc jokey, is not a musician!! end of.

Latest posts

Back