A blast from the past. (Favourite sweets when you were a kid)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone remember Airfix Betta Builder an English version of Lego, much smaller bricks and all the rage in the 60s.

(however If you remember the 60s you were never there, apparently!)

Betta.jpg

I even remember milk motoring chocolate from Rowntrees when their chocolate was nice. probably the precursor for the later Yorkie with a much changed chocolate recipe.

My dad worked for Rowntree's and brought home great big bags of reject sweets such as smarties, kit kats, lion bars and Texans ( Remember the ad on telly, "Stranger we are Texans") probably accounts for all the fillings in the teeth I have left!

Milk motoring.jpg

I remember the bar but not how it tasted, this is its description.

The Aztec Chocolate Bar was very similar to the Mars Bar and was made by Cadbury in the 1970s. There used to be about a five minute advert for them at the cinema. They were quite scrummy and half a penny cheaper than Mars Bars.

"Favourite sweets when you were a kid" added to title.

(my lad has just told me you can still get them)

curly_wurly_1.jpg

I think that should be your next thread Chippy.
You can still get curly wurlys we've got a few round the house from selection boxes. Not as good as the deep fried one I got in Scotland though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Favourite sweets when you were a kid" added to title.

(my lad has just told me you can still get them)

curly_wurly_1.jpg

They are not as curly and definitely not as wurly as they used to be just like most sweets. When I was about 10 I remember one big lad at school who could fit a whole mars bar in his mouth sideways. Now I reckon most kids could get two in side by side, they are so small!

What is (was) a Cadbury Aztec bar?

Hi!
It had nougat and cherries, if I recall correctly. It was released regionally to "test the waters" but must have been deemed unsuccessful as it was withdrawn. On school days I used to walk down to the local shop at lunchtime for an Aztec bar.

Fuse bars, if its possible to become addicted to a chocolate bar it came close with this one for me.

Fuse.jpg

Dentists made a killing back then. :lol:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn-0w604dEs[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KonahYsx8O4[/ame]

Latest posts

Back