Hi new to wine making

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishsupper

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to wine making. I have had a good look around the site and have notice a lot of you make wine out of juice :-P:-P.

I was thinking is it possible to make a decent cabernet sauvignon style wine out of red grape juice or even red grapes?

I do hope you can help my love of Australian Cabernet Sauvignons is slowly bankrupting me.

Thanks

Sandy

Last edited:
Sorry I am not really into whites and rose's, I like rich dark reds.

Umm looks like I will have to have a re think about this home brew. :cry:

What do people do for a proper red wine you must be able to make it surely, won't black grapes work?

Oh thanks for that Penguinarmy looks like I will have to go with kits then if you can't use juice to make a red wine.

Without getting my head bitten off is there any reason why you can't use red grape juice, it always looks like red wine when you pour a glass.

Without getting my head bitten off is there any reason why you can't use red grape juice, it always looks like red wine when you pour a glass.

ive only just started wow myself and i can only assume it degrades colour due the addition of OJ etc. you could try 4 ltrs of RGJ and 1 ltr OJ.. i think itll be darker then rose but perhaps not dark red... try it and see

Back