25c my fat ass!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
come on bbc weather app. get it right for once.
beer in shade is a must

come on bbc weather app. get it right for once.
beer in shade is a must

I have noticed its a bit hit and miss at the moment, i wonder where they are they getting the forecast from.

Shame i cannot get on with the met office app.

Met Office in the news

BBC weather contract

Posted on 23 August, 2015 by Met Office Press Office

You may have seen reports in the media today that the Met Office won’t be the BBCs main weather provider when the current contract ends.

Obviously everyone at the Met Office is disappointed that we won’t be supplying weather presenters and graphics to the BBC in the future.

As a trusted British institution we work at the heart of Government, with a wide range of customers, and with emergency responders to maintain resilience and public safety. We will be working with the BBC and others to ensure the nations official weather warnings are broadcast in a consistent way; and that our advice underpins forecasts when it matters most. We are also supporting our popular team of presenters to ensure clarity on their future.

Steve Noyes, our Operations and Customer Services Director, said: “Nobody knows Britain’s weather better and, during our long relationship with the BBC, we’ve revolutionised weather communication to make it an integral part of British daily life.

“This is disappointing news, but we will be working to make sure that vital Met Office advice continues to be a part of BBC output.

“Ranked No 1 in the world for forecast accuracy, people trust our forecasts and warnings. There are lots of ways to access these both now and in the future via the Met Office app, website, and video forecasts, as well as through television and other digital news providers.”

Much of our 93 years of working with the BBC has been based solely on radio and television forecasts. The world is changing though, and nowadays people access weather information in many ways.

As ever, everyone will be able to access trusted Met Office forecasts and warnings on our own digital channels like our app and mobile website, delivered as text, symbols and videos. You can embed that information easily in your own website too. We continue to provide our expert forecasts on independent television networks and there are also now many other news organisations increasingly sharing Met Office content online.

I'll be lucky if it's 17 up here. Well jell, as the kids say these days!

the new one this way is 'that's Jizz!' if its something negative. itl prob lose its popularity after this post.
that is Jizz though mate. hope it warms up at some point over the weekend

I have noticed its a bit hit and miss at the moment, i wonder where they are they getting the forecast from.

Shame i cannot get on with the met office app.

this is chasm! lows of 15c tonight, I rely on this **** accuracy for my beer:doh:

Like this?

Flipping_coin.gif

Where are you?

Met office is forecasting 16c tonight in Cumbria.

Milton beans. a place soon to be overdeveloped like most east Anglian over compensated all for the positive migration beneficial areas

It's been cold here recently. I think we had our coldest July day for 30 years. We've 3 or 4 frosts this year too. We might get one a year usually.
Although having said that I'm pretty sure it was also the warmest July day. Hit about 25C I think on Thursday or Friday.

Roll on the summer. I love the heat.

* I've just been outside. I left some beer bottles I'd been given soaking in a weak bleach solution overnight. I can barely feel my hands having rinsed them out. 8C outside.

It's been cold here recently. I think we had our coldest July day for 30 years. We've 3 or 4 frosts this year too. We might get one a year usually.
Although having said that I'm pretty sure it was also the warmest July day. Hit about 25C I think on Thursday or Friday.

Roll on the summer. I love the heat.

* I've just been outside. I left some beer bottles I'd been given soaking in a weak bleach solution overnight. I can barely feel my hands having rinsed them out. 8C outside.

Sorry to hear it's a bit parky in your neck of the woods. It's not often that the UK is warmer than Aus though is it? Even now - height of summer - only parts of it are warmer.

I remember why i stopped using it and started using the BBC weather app, the adverts drive me nuts.

Sorry to hear it's a bit parky in your neck of the woods. It's not often that the UK is warmer than Aus though is it? Even now - height of summer - only parts of it are warmer.

My son was playing football yesterday afternoon. One of the Dad's was saying there was an article on the radio comparing Sydney weather to the UK this week.
It was so cold I took a raincoat to put on. Then the ref didn't turn up. As most of the other parents don't have a clue and call the sacred game 'soccer'
icon_mad.gif
I had to step in and referee. Ended up running around with a T shirt on. Bloody sore this morning though. Haven't done that much exercise in ages.
Still, no controversial decisions to make. The boys won 7-0, including a brace from my son.

Latest posts

Back