Grapefruit beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leedsmedic

Reaction score
A friend of mine who has recently been to Canada came back raving about a grapefruit beer that he tried out there.

Turns out it is this; http://whistlerbeer.com/beers/paradise-valley-grapefruit-ale/

I've had a look around and it seems I can't get any to try over here in the UK so I thought I might try and brew an approximation.

Thing is I've never brewed and used things like peel or coriander before and don't want to either over do it and have something undrinkable or just end up with a fairly standard (but I'm sure drinkable) pale ale if I under do it.

Has anyone got any experience with such ingredients and what kind of quantities you used?

A friend of mine who has recently been to Canada came back raving about a grapefruit beer that he tried out there.

Turns out it is this; http://whistlerbeer.com/beers/paradise-valley-grapefruit-ale/

I've had a look around and it seems I can't get any to try over here in the UK so I thought I might try and brew an approximation.

Thing is I've never brewed and used things like peel or coriander before and don't want to either over do it and have something undrinkable or just end up with a fairly standard (but I'm sure drinkable) pale ale if I under do it.

Has anyone got any experience with such ingredients and what kind of quantities you used?

brewdog's elvis juice is on sale in morrisons, that's a nice drop.

or something with chinook/summit hops :grin:

I should also add if you wasn't boiling an extract or All grain and wanted to do a kit brew I remember ages ago (my last ever kit actually) was the Youngs American Amber Ale.. this was very grapefruity and as far as kits go very impressive.

+1 for Brewdog's Elvis Juice. I believe when they first released it they were giving bottles away in exchange for actual grapefruits :)

Tempted to go give it a go myself and that MM extract looks just the ticket :thumb:

Latest posts

Back