Aging Non-Grape Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madSimonJ

Reaction score
I've made3 batches of wine so far, from various kits and supermarket fruit juices, but something I haven't done is age the wine, beyond fermentation & clearing.

Should I still be aging the wine, even though it's not a traditional grape wine?

If so, how do I know how long to leave it & what would be the difference if I do?

Thanks,

Simon

The only one i have found that benefited from ageing was the original orange version as i didn't like it when it was new, all the others i have made haven't improved much if at all, having said that i have never left them for months, this is cheap and quick wine that doesn't need ageing it tastes great as soon as it is bottled so i never bother ageing.

The only one i have found that benefited from ageing was the original orange version as i didn't like it when it was new, all the others i have made haven't improved much if at all, having said that i have never left them for months, this is cheap and quick wine that doesn't need ageing it tastes great as soon as it is bottled so i never bother ageing.

I've only made wine from kits and WOW so far, so maybe none of that would have benefited any.

What about wine made from actual fruit pulp?

Cheap and quick hehe

Latest posts

Back