24c in my kitchen.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have just started a WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc 30 bottle kit (thanks to tesco recent sale) and it is already bubbling away at a few bubbles every 25 seconds, what a difference a few degrees makes.

Have you done a white at these temperatures before? I think fermentation is usually done much cooler, late autmun temps in the white wine areas tend more towards the low teens.

I have no means of cooling so all the wines i make are at this temperature in summer including the white grape juice and apple juice i used to make when WGJ was easy to find in the shops, the only difference i have noticed is they take a lot less time to ferment.

Only 20.8 c on the floor and that has risen from 19.6 yesterday. Have noticed the fermenting activity increase in just a 1.2c rise. Hopefully will rise again monday and tuesday.

My Cooper's Real Ale has been sitting at 28 - 30 most of the day (that's in the coolest part of the house)

It's been bubbling like crazy, this hot weather!

Over the winter I bought a 40W heater, a 40W heating pad and a 70W immersion heater ... :thumb:

... then in May I had to buy a fridge. :thumb:

Are we ever happy with our weather? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typed as I sit in the living room sweating away gently and too hot to consider going to bed just yet! :doh:

Think I'll nip out to the garage and get a pint of Wilco Hoppy Copper Bitter! :thumb:

PS

Changed my mind and decided to try a couple of bottles of the Fulstow Recession Session and it is a beautiful drink after only 9 days in the bottle.

A 7 day wine kit is designed to be fast fermenting and consumed young. However the more expensive ones benefit from slower fermentation at lower temperatures and longer maturation.

Latest posts

Back