AG1 - BIAB Hobgoblin Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done, I'm really too impulsive and inpatient to be a brewer and I don't sleep great either! Truth is I'm up early so I can get out on my bike before work, Bradley Wiggins you have nothing to fear!

Have had about 9 hours since Sunday :(

With any luck my boss will feel sorry for me when I keep making mistakes and send me home, I wouldnt even care about being paid if I am honest!

Anyway back to the beer, had a quick look this morning (really must get clear FV's) and it looked like there is some form ov layer at the bottom ov the FV and at the top and still bubbling away merily to its self :)

the beer is amazingly clear, looking forward to getting it in bottles tonight :)

it should be safe until the 16th sept before it gets tasted as I am away :)

Going to look into saving the yeast from this batch for use when I get back from holiday to get another brew on, dont think I will have time before then :(

Gah! - just realised that I dont have a bottling bucket (its my 2nd FV which currently has wine in it...

Will I be OK to fill bottles directly from the FV and put the sugar in the bottles? - also, how much sugar would you guys reccomend for this beer?

And its bottled :)

Finished at 1.008, I believe that works out to be about 4.5%

Lost about 2l to the FV, this is far more that I am used to loosing? is that normal? - for a pic of the bottom of the FV that I will post later when I can find the cable for my camera :)

Back