AG1 - BIAB Hobgoblin Clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this look normal?

207095_10150999190122027_13797762_n.jpg

I ended up with 39 500ml bottles and 1 330 bottle from 24l in the FV - I used to get more than that with less in the FV when I did my kits?

BrotherMalice said:
Is it normal to get less bottled from an AG brew than a Kit?

Errr - it depends entirely on what brewlength you choose so the answer is - depends...

You do have to take into account that the grain will absorb some of the liquid but you adjust your liquid quantities to allow for that in the first place. :thumb:

How do you use that syphon?
I bought one yesterday for bottling but without sucking through I cant see a way to get it flowing. :shock:

:hmm:

:cheers:

@eskimobob

I started with 24l in the FV (calibrated by me so I know it was right)

@metbandit1

I started the syphon with it full of boiled & cooled water, I had the little bottler on the end of it and just ran it off till there was beer coming out into a bowl and then bottled from there, in the past I have sucked it :oops: :nono: but I do try & avoid doing that too often as the mough if not the most hygenic place in the world...

Thanks for your thoughts

I tried AG1 on Sunday night and had a bottle of the real stuff on hand for "testing" purposes and although the bottle I opened to compare with was a bit yeasty (think it was the last bottle filled) it was still a good beer*, didnt get any pics, will do another comparison tonight with any luck.

*My brew was lighter and didnt really taste the same or even that similar :( - going to leave it longer to condition as currently I would say that the beer was no better than a kit brew :|

I've always felt that hobgoblin was an overrated beer. I went to their brewery for halloween a couple of years ago and convinced myself that the stuff on site tasted better, then I went on a tour and discovered its bottled and kegged in burton so that was all in my head! What you've made is undoubtedly better, let it mature and enjoy! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back