Another major incident in london

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the differences are too great to overcome, as is becoming all too clear. No offence intended to either.

Thanks for explaining.

I was christened but am not a practising Christian and i have friends who are Catholic how often do you think we discuss religion (clue never) if a Muslim moved in next door why would we have differences too great to overcome?

Slightly off topic, but very relievant. If the incident happened in the states they would have been shot within seconds by a member of public, if such occured here in defending themselves they would be charged with murder. Under what circumstances can people defend themselves (public using guns would not be the answer) , if they had lived they could have brought assault charges against anyone who had injured them while they killed, crazy state of affairs. The police can't be there immediately, how can people defend themselves?

Slightly off topic, but very relevant. If the incident happened in the states they would have been shot within seconds by a member of public, if such occurred here in defending themselves they would be charged with murder. Under what circumstances can people defend themselves (public using guns would not be the answer) , if they had lived they could have brought assault charges against anyone who had injured them while they killed, crazy state of affairs. The police can't be there immediately, how can people defend themselves?

I think under these circumstances a member of the public killing a terrorist would not be convicted.

This reminded me of something i thought when i first heard they were running around using knives, do you think people will start carrying weapons "just in case" we have all heard the stories about school kids taking weapons into school as they fear being attacked i wonder if this may happen in places where these attacks are more likely.

Thanks for explaining.

I was christened but am not a practising Christian and i have friends who are Catholic how often do you think we discuss religion (clue never) if a Muslim moved in next door why would we have differences too great to overcome?

I see what you mean. I had Muslim neighbours in my old street and we got along fine - not being religious zealots (either of us) . I'm watching all this unfold as a bewildered bystander more than anything and have as much clue as anyone else as to how it will all pan out but right now it ain't looking good.

I see what you mean. I had Muslim neighbours in my old street and we got along fine - not being religious zealots (either of us) . I'm watching all this unfold as a bewildered bystander more than anything and have as much clue as anyone else as to how it will all pan out but right now it ain't looking good.

I agree and the worrying question is what next, the terrorists have achieved their goal they and their acts dominate the world press we have armed police on the streets bag searches at concerts and even up here in the back of beyond i admit i have wondered if anything could happen at the upcoming concerts where my son and his friends have all got tickets i know the odds are small but it is a worry and that is why i said above they have achieved their goal.

Playing devils advocate (see what i did there) if you are an atheist or have no interest in Christianity you may also find the church bells annoying what you call soothing others may find annoying especially if you live close to the church..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UEm48HvzD0

I suppose the most important aspect is whether the church was there when you moved in, which is the case 99% of the time.
I lived for 10 years opposite a pub and I always said that I can't complain about the noise at chucking out time because the pub was there 100 years before I moved in.
It did help that it was the best real ale pub in the area and I was in there every other night :cheers:

I agree and the worrying question is what next, the terrorists have achieved their goal they and their acts dominate the world press we have armed police on the streets bag searches at concerts and even up here in the back of beyond i admit i have wondered if anything could happen at the upcoming concerts where my son and his friends have all got tickets i know the odds are small but it is a worry and that is why i said above they have achieved their goal.

I was gonna treat the missus to the Bat Out Of Hell musical ( she's nuts for that) but not now. I supposes the chances of getting caught up the inevitable next attack are miniscule in the extreme, but it shows the power of fear.

I thought we had reached that point when someone asked how many muslim people do you know!

no that was me being asked on another thread that got clipped. I was going to answer only 2. 1 who burns poppies on may day and the other who to be fair keeps himself to himself. but both I wouldn't class as friends, more colleagues

I thought we had reached that point when someone asked how many muslim people do you know!

I couldn't tell you as I don't go around asking people what religion they are.

My next door neighbor says he's Persian (I didn't ask) and I don't know what religion the family is. I always ask for things not to be left with the neighbours in case I unintentionally offend anyone.

I order beer from 'beers from europe' it says it on the box in big letters. That would not go down well if the delivery man tried to leave it with someone whose religion forbade alcohol. Damn stupid parcelforce already delivered dried malt extract next door, the parcel was damaged and a packet was hanging out. :doh:

I couldn't tell you as I don't go around asking people what religion they are.

My next door neighbor says he's Persian (I didn't ask) and I don't know what religion the family is. I always ask for things not to be left with the neighbours in case I unintentionally offend anyone.

I order beer from 'beers from europe' it says it on the box in big letters. That would not go down well if the delivery man tried to leave it with someone whose religion forbade alcohol. Damn stupid parcelforce already delivered dried malt extract next door, the parcel was damaged and a packet was hanging out. :doh:

Wouldn't let that worry you.I really don't think that most people would be offended except perhaps for those who were utterly blinded by their
religious beliefs ,tough anyway.
There are plenty of people who's religion forebid's them booze and gambling but still drink and gamble on the quite.
Go to Northern Cyprus to see how many turks go over purely to drink and gamble.
I had a Muslim family as customers for years before i retired,always sent them a Christmas card and always got one back,always gave the kids some chocy money as well parceled up in some Christmas paper,they loved it,they just did not celebrate it obviously and always went on holiday over the Christmas period.

My Muslim pal referred to earlier wouldn't eat pork. One day I gave him some pork scratchings which he thought were amazing until I told them what they were. Much theatrics and forced vomiting followed. I guess I would have reacted the same if he'd duped me into necking sheep's eyeballs, but that wouldn't have had anything to do with religious leanings.

My Muslim pal referred to earlier wouldn't eat pork. One day I gave him some pork scratchings which he thought were amazing until I told them what they were. Much theatrics and forced vomiting followed. I guess I would have reacted the same if he'd duped me into necking sheep's eyeballs, but that wouldn't have had anything to do with religious leanings.

Did you give him the pork scratchings knowing (or even suspecting) it might be an issue for him?

I bet he was waiting for a bolt of lightening to strike him down :lol:

Muslims do not like to east pork because they feel Pigs consume all sorts of **** and toxins and they do not perspire it out.

Whilst It doen't stop me eating pigs I can understand why.

Did you trick and give them pork scratchings!?

On Tapatalk I keep getting adverts for Ramadan celebratory food on this thread. I think the algorithm might have been confused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the impression that most people here don't actually know a Muslim or are friends with one.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

No offence was meant by this question, I was just curious as to the replies.
It's interesting that the positive replies from this question come from the people who post positively on the subject, with the exception of Gunge (but then he appears to reward a kind hearted muslim friend by feeding them pork scratchings, so not sure that counts). I think that in general this is evidence that integration is more helpful than segregation. Segregation leads to extreme views on either side.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back