Anyone know of a good vacuum sealer?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl0ckage

Regular.
Reaction score
I am wanting to start sealing my malts into bags so when my friend runs out i can just give me a vacuum packed bag and i can save the big bags of malt i just bought :p However not sure on which one i should be using.

Seen a few on amazon but the reviews do not really help.

I would prefer to have a machine that could reseal my hops too, my brew days are few and far between.
Anyone use one of these?

I use an Andrew James one. I think it came from E Bay. It works fine for me, but you need to use the bags with channels, but they are easily available on a roll. The only issue I have is when vac packing juicy items such as raw meat. The juices get sucked out and that can cause the seal to fail. But with dry goods no problems. I use it all the time to pack hops, sausages, meat, sausage skins etc. I'm sure you can get a better machine, but that will cost you. I think mine was around

All vacuum pack machines perform better with the channeled bags. I find mine still seal hop bags (silver ones) but needs a lot of extra heat. I have an Andrew James too

Latest posts

Back