Best way to add spray malt to my brew before bottling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz_wxm

Reaction score
Hi all... spray malt, best way and any tips for adding it into my bottling bucket before bottling it.

Ok.. I'll not use the spray malt.. also i have a bag of "brewing sugar" is this ok for priming...

I will be using brewers sugar in my bottles for the 1st time this weekend, is it still half a tsp(ale) as with granulated sugar? only ever used granulated before

Cheers

I will be using brewers sugar in my bottles for the 1st time this weekend, is it still half a tsp(ale) as with granulated sugar? only ever used granulated before
Cheers
The priming calculator Beer Priming Calculator - Brewer's Friend says you need about 110g of dextrose to every 100g table sugar. If you batch prime that's easily taken care of but for part tsp's it's the same unless you have mini scales. Personally I'd stick to table sugar, the carbonation effect is exactly the same.

Ok.. its a 20L brew "Tiny Rebel welshred ale" so I'll put that amount in..
can i just add and give it a good stir or should I boil it.

Hi!
Boil a little water in a clean pan and add sugar, stirring until it's dissolved. Cool to the temperature of the beer and pour into the bottom of the bottling bucket. Rack the beer on top of the sugar solution.

Ok.. its a 20L brew "Tiny Rebel welshred ale" so I'll put that amount in..
can i just add and give it a good stir or should I boil it.

I find It's best to dissolve in a little boiling water then gently stir to ensure even distribution. Some boil for 15 mins to make sure it's sanitary but I've never bothered. Some don't stir but I've had inconsistent carbonation whenever I've not stirred.

Just racked it all up.. strange colour though its like muddy water, maybe its just me as I normally do darker brews but it don't look right.. maybe it'll clear..

Just racked it all up.. strange colour though its like muddy water, maybe its just me as I normally do darker brews but it don't look right.. maybe it'll clear..
Different kits use different yeasts. Some floc and settle better than others.
Quite a number of posts on here recently about leaving your brew a longer than 'normal' to allow the yeast to settle in the FV rather than get carried forward at packaging time, helped by racking off (although some don't do this) and recent cold weather which helps if you don't have a brew fridge. Clearer beer just means you may have to allow it to carb up for longer.

Latest posts

Back