Boris Johnston

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible to be both highly intelligent and a bumbling idiot, despite the apparent contradiction. Johnson is one of those.

With the initial news story, I think the problem here is that you have a sensitive subject (namely a UK citizen being jailed in Iran) being made potentially worse by the foreign secretary who by definition is meant to be able to deal with foreign countries in diplomatic way in the interests of Britain and its people. clever, Boris is, subtle, he ain't!

"I'll go with Jacob Rees-Mogg. I frequently don't agree with him but he's both principled and measured."

This is a man who believes you shouldn't be allowed to marry the person you love if they happen to be the same gender as you, and that women are baby ovens who should have to carry any pregnancy to term regardless of the circumstances, and has consistently voted in parliament in line with those opinions. I suppose technically those are principles, but they're not the sort of principles I want influencing legislation in my country. Or, ideally, anywhere else for that matter.

"I'll go with Jacob Rees-Mogg. I frequently don't agree with him but he's both principled and measured."

This is a man who believes you shouldn't be allowed to marry the person you love if they happen to be the same gender as you, and that women are baby ovens who should have to carry any pregnancy to term regardless of the circumstances, and has consistently voted in parliament in line with those opinions. I suppose technically those are principles, but they're not the sort of principles I want influencing legislation in my country. Or, ideally, anywhere else for that matter.

Just because he's a catholic? Yep, let burn him at the steak! oh that was last sunday

You're reading far more into this than is there. I can't stand Rees-Mogg for the same reasons stated (and a lot of others too) but not because he's a Catholic. I know plenty of Catholics who don't share those views. Take your Pope, for example...

here wego again. Just close the tread please moderators before it all gets out of hand with religious mud slinging

Johnston was entertaining but he's over the hill.
Its all a matter of opinion at the end of the day and at the end of the day you have a vote to decide
Nah, nothing implied..its all there in B/W
If thats your ball fair enough, run with it, but don't castigate people for their beliefs, just because they are RC for instance. By the way Im not your mate and Im not a RC.

6b85347c9d6c473ec32899fe8fc3704b--vic-reeves-comedy-tv.jpg

here wego again. Just close the tread please moderators before it all gets out of hand with religious mud slinging

How can you post -

Just because he's a catholic? Yep, let burn him at the steak! oh that was last sunday

in reply to another member who never mentioned religion then ask for the thread to be closed before the religious mud slinging starts?

Rees-Mogg is fairly selective about which parts of the bible influence his voting. For instance, when voting again and again for benefit cuts he didn’t consider Proverbs 14:31

“He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, but he who honors him has mercy on the needy.”

Its all a matter of opinion at the end of the day and at the end of the day you have a vote to decide
Nah, nothing implied..its all there in B/W
If thats your ball fair enough, run with it, but don't castigate people for their beliefs, just because they are RC for instance. By the way Im not your mate and Im not a RC.

Meh, never would have voted for him anyways, not being conservative enough. But stumbling fools can be entertaining, can't they?
:cheers:

Interesting that a lot of people don't appear to know the difference between someone holding a view and that same someone trying to impose their view on others.

I'm a fairly robust atheist and have no religious beliefs or difficulties with gay marriage or abortion (other than feeling that the current time limits need reviewing), but I have absolutely no problem with JRM holding contradictory personal views so long as he doesn't try to impose them on others - and to the best of my knowledge he hasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back