bottled my first turbo cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmiesterrodd

Reaction score
just bottled my first turbo cider this morning started with o.g 1052 and f.g of 1000 so i guess its about 6.9 moved the bottles 10 mins ago and the top inch of the bottle is clear cant wait to try it hopfully its clear by the weekend smelt quite nice when i bottled so fingers crossed!!! will let you know what it tastes like as and when.. :party:

Good luck with it mate. I started mine on Saturday: viewtopic.php?f=40&p=43484#p43484

How long from starting to bottling have you left it, also when will you be drinking it? I'm trying to get a rough figure on the length of time to drinking :thumb: .

cheers i made 5 litres done it in a demijon put an airlock in and away it went how much you making?

I'm not a big cider drinker so.... 10L will do :rofl: .

How long did you brew yours for prior to bottling? How long do you leave to to secondary ferment? :thumb:

just lef it in demijon till it fermented out and cleared about 6 days then straight into bottle with teaspoon of sugar then i just hold it up to the light and when its crystal clear its ready about 5 days i make mine for the wife although i do have a couple :cheers:

bottled my second batch of turbo cider this morning o.g was 1058 and f.g was 1002 makes it 7.4 a.b.v cant wait to see what it tastes like i'm more of an ale drinker but i dont mind the odd cider luckily the wife dont drink ale so i drink her cider if i'm waiting for an ale to finish :drunk:

I wasn't particularly impressed with my first TC attempt, but had to give it another try when Lidl had apple juice on offer at 50p for 1.5 litre cartons.

I started 2 gallons (9 litres) with just juice and yeast, no added sugar, racked to DJs after 6 days then bottled when it was pretty well clear after another 4 days.

Most of it went into a large stoneware jug I acquired with some DJs off Freecycle, and the rest to 1L PETs. We've been out on the boat for a few days, the stoneware jug remained within reach of the tiller. It's now empty :D

I think I prefer it made for immediate consumption and drunk flat :cheers:

just had the first of my turbo cider and to be fair its better than the john bull kits that I've made the wife is the cider drinker and she say that i have to make 5 gallon of turbo rather than the kits in future so i cant argue with that.
from my point of view its much nicer so where's the cheapest place to get apple juice? :cheers:

welcome to the world of turbo cider!! :twisted:

get your juice in aldi or lidli`s - around 50p a litre - if you haven`t got one near then t**** or s********* do 3 litres for 2 quid - still works out cheap!! Just look out for offers etc, i got a load of windfall apples of freecycle and as i haven`t got a press i chopped them up in a bucket chucked some water in and left it for a week then strained the juice of to make some apple wine - which is just gonna be like turbo cider but around 12% :lol:

you can turn any super market juice into wine/turbo juice !! (A.K.A gypsy juice or pikey punch!!)

look on the wine recipe or disscusion threads !!!

Back