Brew Devil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aha - a third name to go with ace and klarstein .......

30l-brew-devil-micro-brewery.jpg

Assume this version has a PID rather than just an off/off controller in the other versions.

Paul has said on Twitter that he's not finalised costs but 50l version will be £500/550.

I've been looking at the 50l Hopcat for ages now, my only concern is how to cool so much wort fast....

I've been looking at the 50l Hopcat for ages now, my only concern is how to cool so much wort fast....
I've been looking also. Can't decide between that vid a 3 vessel system.

Cooling it is easy. Copper wort chiller.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've been looking also. Can't decide between that vid a 3 vessel system.

Cooling it is easy. Copper wort chiller.

I know, just concerned with how long it will take and how much water I'd need to use :)

Certainly has a lot of AKA- Ace, Klarstein, King's, Brew Devil, Guten, Hopcat and Arsegan. Wonder how many more names world wide.

How long would a 50l brew take to cool naturally for pitching?

I'm not sure as I've never made 50L in one go. Of course the ambient temp of where your no-chilling is going to have an impact on how long it takes to chill down. My 23L brews normally take 12-24hrs to reach the ambient temp in my kitchen.

Looks like it has the same problem as all the GF subpar clones.

The GF and it spaun have to be more or less on the floor so you can lift the malt pipe and for this unit as with the others that puts the controls in the worst place possible.

Do you really want to be grovelling around on your knees to change temperatures?

atb. aamcle

Looks like it has the same problem as all the GF subpar clones.

The GF and it spaun have to be more or less on the floor so you can lift the malt pipe and for this unit as with the others that puts the controls in the worst place possible.

Do you really want to be grovelling around on your knees to change temperatures?

atb. aamcle
Why on earth would you put the Ace etc etc on the floor?
I put mine on a stand and empty through the tap, surely no one puts them on the floor.

Been too long since browsed this forum !

So ..story is, have been involved with quite a lot of customers building awesome versions of 'pots in pots' single vessel style brew machine clones and was looking at building own for AngelHomebrew to list as product. Really have enjoyed working with customers on building these, always a pleasure to be involved in these sort of build projects and sure will continue to do more. Do get asked quite often which pots fit inside which pots !

However, long story short, been talking to supplier of this single vessel machine for quite some time and decided for various reasons this would be best option, lots of good features, great controller functionality (especially updated controller), 30L/50L option, tried and tested etc. Will continue to work with supplier on any improvements going forward, and welcome feedback from customer always for this

Just about to list and price the Brew Devil and trying to think of product bundle options and make available now with pre-order discount

Already thinking chiller, hop spider, but wondering what else may be a good product bundle. Plate chiller option? SS Mash Paddle? Camlock drain and hose

Want to include fermenting vessel option but these are not arriving in time

I'm seriously considering the 50l option, personally I'd like a bundle to include a custom made chiller, best make it a big one :)

Latest posts

Back