Brewzilla dead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 fuse for both power and control If this drawing is correct.

AC35D0AB-8585-4070-B0E1-21849EA43A34.jpeg

Check the kettle lead socket for the fuse. I have a different make/model and my fuse is in the socket but in the back not in the front as shown here.
Kettl;e lead socket.jpg

My unit has uk plug and the fuse is good athumb..

So has mine. It's the socket ON THE KETTLE. I plug the lead into the back of the kettle, the UK plug goes into the wall.

Has the brewzilla a permantly attached lead?

+1 You could bypass the thermal cutout to test it. No foul it is NC. Literally plug the two terminals on the cutout together and test. But I didn't think Rod would fancy that.

Tbh there isn't a lot of wiring going on outside the controller. They do rewire easily to make stills.

Next test is wd40 and a test lead.

+1 You could bypass the thermal cutout to test it. No foul it is NC. Literally plug the two terminals on the cutout together and test. But I didn't think Rod would fancy that.

Tbh there isn't a lot of wiring going on outside the controller. They do rewire easily to make stills.

Next test is wd40 and a test lead.
Does the pump still run ?

Do you have a local domestic appliance repair shop you could take it in to? You might find someone online offering to repair and test cookers and washing machines. They'd know what to do and have all the necessary testing kit.
A two second bit of googling for Bath, for example, offers this:
https://bathdomesticappliances.co.uk

Last edited:
It does sound to me like power is not getting to it then Rod. Ask a friendly leccy friend to test it for you hopefully it will be a cutout or fuse somewhere

Do you think you may have got some water ingress when cleaning it?
The power coming on and off sounds good to me as it is a fault and that may be found by your sparky. athumb..

I use a single orange lead, what i don't understand is i did a brew cleaned it. i was doing an oxy soak when it conked out

I see.

I'm not saying this has happened to you necessarily but both my Grainfather and Brewzilla randomly blow my circuits when not plugged straight into the wall. Might be worth looking at what else is plugged into the circuit you're using and seeing if it's possibly overloaded, so you can eliminate that problem from your enquiries lol. 🤣

Hope you find out what's causing your issue. 😊

Last edited:
Back