Bri's Epic GrainFather G30 Experiment- Could We make Into A Fermentation Vessel?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you had a cube there Bri maybe try a pressure ferment in that, I tried it 5 or 6 years ago pressure tested at 26PSI didn't take it any higher. Just on a whim, I set two cubes up one as a receiver, and no spunding valve.
The next morning sitting at 25 PSI.
1704488380659.png

The next try is with an inflatable bladder and direct pour from the fermenter.
1704488494057.png

1704488539027.png

ffs 🤦‍♂️ texted for 20 mins and then lost the message! hate bloody textin on mobile.
foxy you’ve got my lil brain 🧠 on overdrive! mint skills there mate!
as they say you can never get nuff FV’s and kegged n bottled beers!
🤦‍♂️😂

for all its not over, i would like to share my views.
Ok a crazy idea, and eventually yous managed me to 'NO PRESSURE FERMENT!'wink...:laugh8:
after testing yesterday, im blow away of how nice its performed.
For a thin structure with heat belt and pinky & insulation it surprise how it held temp.
Yeah Natural ferment is way ahead.
Would i use it again?
yes & no!
with another G30 coming ive got plenty boilers! but ive not done a proper BIAB (full volume batch)
so next experiment is brewbucket mini FV away from ferm fridge.
The Only gripe is the massice deadspace, around 3.5l
Still need to try up lose ends for eqt. profiles in both beersmith & Brewfather.
& also id want test mash and sparge in BIAB.
Mind im smashing out some brews.

Thx Dr.
Thank for the message. I'll have butchers ova pooTube lata.
I haven't updated here much but the Baltic is bottled under c02
And of course stocks going low!
Bri

End of March update 24.
i could do 2533,76765 pics n waffle.
but thought why not dee a vid, its not public on on o my channels.
see if you can watch..as PooTube is partial blocked.

if not ill take of the music at the start.
Bri

Once you've pressure fermented the wort, how will you get the beer out? Without a tap at the bottom it could be tricky. Trying to siphon carbonated beer will probably result in foam (have you ever tried sucking beer up through a straw? Even 10cm of head pressure causes a lot of foam).

Even if you were to use the pump to try to pump the carbonated beer out, the churning of the pump may also create foam.
Hallow mate,in the vids think you saw, gravity transfer....but watch the lastest episode pal, as could i preesure transfer was looming ova my heed!!
Those retaining clips don't hold pressure, well they may hold more if the brackets were fully welded. Those brackets are spot-welded and break off, I witnessed it when people started trying to pressure ferment in the Guten Fermenters. As to how much pressure was being applied I have no idea, but four dots of spot welding won't hold a lot.

I think it is...that is the exact temp you use to rouse/restart a stuck fermentation.
Gently is the key. Whoosh, bang, have some, isn't it (I better go, I am starting to sound like Anton d'Beke)

Instead of gaffer tape, what about a silicone bung.
Lads was always a concern!!! SO WE PROVED PRESSURE FERMENT WAS OUT, but natural ferment was proven.
putting the bed, pressure transfer (tiny PSI)
Snapshot_25.PNG
ill sort oot the vid.
catch you all lata.
Bri

Latest posts

Back