Cheap & Simple Tropical Punch - A BBQ MUST

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just replied. Thank you for this - much appreciated.

What program were they created in, in the first place?

I have emailed you too with the new link. I used word but they are all saved in .pdf files so you should have no problem opening them even without word.

Here is the link to the label files again : http://1drv.ms/1MgoygA

They have been designed for you to either cut out or they are compatible with the sticky labels you can buy with 10 labels per A4 sheet.

Any issues let me know guys.

Hope this helps

:)

So sorry, I seem to have hijacked this thread but I love this cheap and easy way to creating my own alcoholic brew that I can't help myself.

Well this evening after a stressful day at work and commute home I cracked open my first bottles of the punch which I bottled on the 1st August (11 days ago) and they were great. I placed them in the fridge last night in preparation.

They had carbonated nicely using the recipe provided in the original post and over some ice they were very pleasant indeed and I am now enjoying the buzz of making my very first alcohol (as well as enjoying the buzz of the alcohol too).

I tried the 'Peach' and the 'Strawberry & Kiwi' (pictured) varieties and I know this recipe is one I am going to enjoy over and over again (as long as Robinson's Barley products are available of course)

100_0599-169.jpg

The Strawberry and Kiwi Punch over some ice - NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have actually followed the process from Demijohn to Glass I will cut back on the updates I promise.

Thank you to second2none for the superb original post.

What % ABV is it?

These were my first batches so these might be a little out (the temp was high when I measured and I didn't have a thermometer then) but Peach = 5.3% and Strawberry & Kiwi = 3.4%

I have had a 500ml bottle of each and I'm sitting here with a nice buzz.

I usually drink a full bottle of red wine about 12-13% to feel like this. So that gives me a more accurate estimate than my hydrometer and it seems to bear out my readings. :thumb:

The carbonation was nice too - nice slight fizz but no fountain when I opened it.

Hi all just been to Asda and they have the Robinsons fruit and barley on roll back at 89p

Hi all just been to Asda and they have the Robinsons fruit and barley on roll back at 89p

Damn, I just went there tonight. I checked to see if there were any Barley variations I had missed but there wasn't - didn't look at the bloody price.

That said, I had enough to carry with my 5 litres of water, 6Kg of sugar, 1 Kg raisins, Half a dozen lemons, bag of stem ginger, 3kg raw Beetroot, 7 litre mini FV (I am on public transport and all after a 13 hour stint at work) so I guess I can be forgiven for being focused on the task at hand.

BY THE WAY:
Has anyone tried the non barley no added sugar variants? How do they compare the barley versions? Did you feel the need to add glycerine to add a certain something to the brew compared to their barley cousins?

Side note as mentioned in another thread: My wife and I realised this evening that the Peach & Barley version of this punch tastes like a Blastaway which was a popular drink in the 1980's (Castaway and Diamond White Cider).

100_0602-177.jpg

I am so sorry, I really don't mean to monopolise this thread. :roll:

I started reading this as I'd read about this punch in other threads.
Started reading and thinking to myself that would be too sweet for my tastes, and I'm the only one in the house who drinks alcohol.
Then I saw Lemon mentioned. That's the one I'll be doing.
I'll have to find out what the Australian version of the stuff is.

cheers

Yeast and other ingredients should arrive in a couple of days, can't wait to get stared on some of these...and Turbo Cider...and WOW!

Got a quick Pink Grapefruit punch on the go this morning (wife's favourite flavour). Juice takes a long time to cool down!

DSC_0692.jpg

I started off a couple of batches of this last week (tropical & peach) but used US-05 yeast as I had it to hand.
Any one tried with a beer yeast? I've had some odd smells coming out the air locks!

Ok started an orange and a lemon tonight. I added three fresh lemons to the lemon one and two fresh oranges to the orange one at the simmering stage. I have made the summer fruits one before but I must say I hated it. But 17 year old daughter didn't
I don't like summer fruits juice so hardly surprising. But I do like lemon barley but especially with some fresh lemon squeezed in. So I'm hoping it works. Will post back.

I'd be more inclined to try a recipe that doesn't include sweeteners. Has anyone done this with High Juice squash, the varieties which include sugar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back