Cheeky Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Thanks Holly just popped down to Lidl and stocked up regards Al
pee.gif
:drink:

checked my sg today and its about 1009 also gave a taste and tastest great, looked like fermentation has stopped. so was thinking of bottling in the next few days, should I do anything else before bottling i.e, adding sugar etc ?

Thanks

Simon

You can add 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar per bottle to help it condition in the bottles. Or just drink it before bottling :party:

Oddbod said:
checked my sg today and its about 1009 also gave a taste and tastest great, looked like fermentation has stopped. so was thinking of bottling in the next few days, should I do anything else before bottling i.e, adding sugar etc ?

Thanks

Simon
At a gravity of 1.009 I don't think it has stopped fermenting yet :hmm: give it another couple of days and check the gravity again :thumb:
BOTTLE BOMBS aren't fun :shock:

Well heres apint of mine with a Pendle Witch to the left. His and Hers! Mind you I do like the vimto time to put another in the Fv once my Imperial is done with it :D

DSCF0104.jpg

Hi muddydisco! Any chance of a taster on Wednesday!!! Sounds good! :thumb: You can can have a go at the missus peach wine if you like!!!! :D Looking forward to a sampling session again! :drunk: Last one of the year.

muddydisco said:
If your happy with the taste and sweetness I would syphon it off the yeast into your second FV. Then add your campdens and Potassuim then cool it as much as you can, fridge if possible for 3-4 days to settle out any suspended yeast. Then rack it into the bottles.
The only problem I can see is the yeast by the time it's in the bottles won't be alive enough to condition the cider to a fizz so you may end up with a flatter scrumpy type cider.
Just had a pint of my Cheeky Vimto the taste was great had a nice sweet Porty taste there was a lack of Fiz has you said Nick that might be a problem but never the less a great drink.
Ive got my second batch on the go about ready to start doing a few Hydro checks on it I will see what readings I get and no dought be back for a bit of advice as I want a bit more Fiz in this batch but dont want to over do the strenght of the T/C as I say 1 pint went straight to my head 8.5% when Bottled dint think to check what it was prior to drinking it.
p.s the wife liked it as well. regards Al :party:

Feck the cider I want apple cider doughnuts!!!!

Still won't be making real cider as I don't have the time and materials to do so and @£35 for enough apples to make 25ltr turbo cider wins hands down. It's something fun quick and easy.

muddydisco said:
Well heres apint of mine with a Pendle Witch to the left. His and Hers! Mind you I do like the vimto time to put another in the Fv once my Imperial is done with it :D

DSCF0104.jpg
Thanks's for sharing the recipe MD...
How many out of 10 regarding the final taste test and the acidity??
Did it clear well?
John

Depends where you stop it for acidity, I stopped it earlier than most would so it's very sweet and hides all acidity taste well must be in the 9-10's my wife can drink a pint in about 2 mins whilst watching telly and forgets it's around 7% so more fun for me!

Back