Coopers dark ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hong

Reaction score
Right guys just need a little advice. As a bit of a novice brewer ( only ever done Coopers stout ) i was thinking of trying a Coopers dark ale. Has anyone tried it? If so what would you recommend brewing with it i.e spray malt, brewing sugar ordinary sugar etc.?

I've tried several brews of Coopers Dark Ale and they've all come out very well (I've never had a Coopers brew fail), my favourite was using a combination of dark spray malt and brewing sugar at 50/50; it added an extra note of chewiness to the brew which was superb in a winter evening... happy brewing! :drink:

I can't really help with past experience on this but I've just bought this kit, having been impressed by the Coopers IPA I made recently. I'm planning to use dark malt extract and beer enhancer (500g each) when I make it up, so not dissimilar to Grumpy Jack. I'd also be interested in any input on further improvements/enhancements.

Cheers Andy for the reply. When you did the IPA what did you make it with? The IPA is a kit i have been thinking of doing too.

This was my first ever ber brew and ive justabout finished drinking it.

I was quite impressed with it, it is fairly bitter, has plenty of "body" and is all together a nice drink.

I brewed mine with 1 box of Brew Enhancer 2.

Hong, I used 1kg of pale spraymalt and a few hundred grams of sugar (just to get the OG a little higher). It's been in the bottle two and a half weeks now so probably not at its best yet but the two or three "testers" I've tried so far have been pretty good.

Cheers guys for the replies, looking forward to getting it on!

Back