Coopers lager white green can standard one

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacedhopper

Reaction score
Hello just brought a coopers lager the standard one and I've got a 1kg bag of brew enhancer to go in it, I also brought some saflager s23 yeast is it worth swapping for the yeast in the coopers kit also do coopers kits need dry hopping to get some taste or are they quite hoppy I've never done a 1 can kit!!!!

I'm drinking mine right now. Seriously lacking in flavour (imho) of any kind... but then, I do like stronger, hoppier brews (stouts, ales or lagers).

Made mine with the can yeast, 500g light DME and 1KG of brewing sugar. Made short to 20L. Nothing else added.

SG 1.048 @ 22' and finished at 1.006

2 weeks in FV @ approx. 18.5/19 degrees, fined/cold crashed for a week in the fridge and now in my cornie force carbed.

No yeast taste off it, no home brew twang as such, nice mouth feel but damn, zero anything else either <sigh>

Have a few PET bottles stashed away to try again in a few months after secondary fermentation. Maybe that's all it needs...

Each to their own I suppose but I really wish I was drinking somit else :roll:

As baggybill says, it all depends on what you are used to. After years of supermarket bottled "lagers" I thought the Coopers Green Lid kit made pretty good beer at first. A year later and I've made better, for sure.

There is one of these amongst the kit collection I accumulated during the Wiko 25% off sale and I will probably double it up with something else and try a hop experiment or else add the last of the Autumn's Blackberries.

Sounds like you can't really go wrong with it but it lacks something!!!

I've got 1kg of beer enhancer and some citra hops so going to add a 25grm hop tea at the beginning then taste after fermentation if it doesn't make any difference will dry hop some too!!!

Hopefully give it a bit of zing!!!!

Latest posts

Back