crash cooling

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houndeye

Reaction score
hi all.i'm trying to crash cool a Geordie mild in my fermentation chamber that I've built.ive got some ice bottles and a fan but can't seem to get the temp down below 9c.is it worth me carrying on with this or do I take it out now?

9*C is much better than room temperature. I'd carry on.

What's your fermentation chamber like?

For what it is worth when I can I stick my brew in my conservatory overnight when it gets cool for a few nights before I bottle.. just do the little I can.. I think it helps

hi clibit.yeah its ok.built it after I made my first brew.learnt that it was hard to keep temps stable so done the youtube thing and done my own.used timber that was laying around garage.like most things its ok.but if I had the right tools cudda built it better.its got a tube heater and chamber for ice bottles and fan all running off a stc1000.at the moment it seems to keep the temp where I want it.so now I wanna do a lager ready for xmas.next thing is to find out how to use mini kegs just to cut down on all the bottles

Latest posts

Back