FADanuary

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do understand there are some people that suffer in silence and feel better for a bit before going back to normal and feeling even better. I just don’t like being told the various ways my horrible meat eating and beer guzzling ways upset need to change because of upsetting the cosmos.

Nothing wrong with meat eating and beer guzzling in my eyes [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just letting off steam.....

I am sick of reading about the various Fads people are putting themselves through in January and feel compelled to preach to everyone about.

If they feel like torturing themselves for a whole month then it should be done in silence.

So today I am going to drink beer, eat meat and switch off/block anything that tells me I should be doing otherwise.

Movember is the worst. People want me to sponsor them to not shave?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never understood the whole new years resolutions. My outlook is, if i need to make a change for the good, do it today.. By waiting and setting a calendar date I think in the back of your mind doesn;t work.. you see people go on benders or eating sessions smashing fags before a date of setting a diet before they have to stop..

The amount of new swimmers I see in January in the pool with the new year new me , but they are all gone by the final week in Jan.. every single year.. The people who join at other random points in the year and stick around week on week seem to do better for themselves..

Not suggesting people shouldn't take a break from alchocol I think its a good idea every so often, especially if you drink most days

I have never understood the whole new years resolutions. My outlook is, if i need to make a change for the good, do it today.. By waiting and setting a calendar date I think in the back of your mind doesn;t work.. you see people go on benders or eating sessions smashing fags before a date of setting a diet before they have to stop..

The amount of new swimmers I see in January in the pool with the new year new me , but they are all gone by the final week in Jan.. every single year.. The people who join at other random points in the year and stick around week on week seem to do better for themselves..

Not suggesting people shouldn't take a break from alchocol I think its a good idea every so often, especially if you drink most days

Never normally make one, because simply I would break it a few days later, however we had dinner with another couple recently and they did one for each other...... the wife was not up for that...:whistle:

Actually I do have something to complain about dry January, 40 pints less space in the garage to bottle beer in February :sulk:

I have space for 250 bottles. Ideally I like around 200 to have beer in them which leaves 50 empties for the next brew. At the mo' I have around 90 empties so need to up my brewing schedule, so for me January is always a lot of effort :lol: , my single FV will be almost in constant use :rolleyes:

Think the big problem is that human nature is to have no moderation. People eat and drink what they want all year which peaks at Christmas. They feel bad for a this, go completely the other way (see, no moderation...) in January, can't sustain it and then keep repeating this cycle.

Think the big problem is that human nature is to have no moderation. People eat and drink what they want all year which peaks at Christmas. They feel bad for a this, go completely the other way (see, no moderation...) in January, can't sustain it and then keep repeating this cycle.

Not me, I save up my brownie points and splurge out in one go. Saint & Stuff.

Be a saint for 3 or 4 days then stuff for 1 or 2 :grin:

I think I'll write a book about it, Saint & Stuff sounds catchier than the 5+2 plan that's going around.

Unfortunately I can’t stop drinking this January, or else I won’t have enough empty bottles to package the brews I did over Christmas. It’s currently a race between my drinking, and the yeast’s fermenting. I think the yeast are winning.

He he he. I was like that at one point but the bar stewards have been breeding like rabbits and are now everywhere. Thank the Lord i am switching to cornies. :mrgreen:

I understand peoples annoyance with this. For me, I like to stay fit and healthy; actually that's a stupid thing to say, everyone likes to be healthy. What I mean is that with 2 young kids (6 + 11), I want to be active, and at 46, that means taking care of myself. So, I usually have two days off the booze a week, and eat in moderation.

However, that all goes to hell in a handcart in December as my birthday is at the beginning, NYE at the end, and there is a lot of drinks, rich food and enjoying ourselves in between and definitely no days off or moderation. So, of December has been a bit heavy, I have a break in Jan for a bit.

I'm quite into nutrition, a side effect of cycling / running, and one of the main things I have learnt is that diets are like religion to some people ~ and many folk get all fundamentalist about it. Any criticism of their chosen 'path' is like saying you would like to eat the baby Jesus or something. They oft need to evangalise about it to everyone as well, so can totally get the OP's point.

But some of us really are just taking it easy for a bit! :)

I just wanna get 'faced and stuffed and lay around doing nuthin'. I've got a feeling I'm not long for this world anyway and I don't wanna go out in misery by cutting out the stuff I like.

Latest posts

Back