FADanuary

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkBowie

Regular.
Reaction score
Just letting off steam.....

I am sick of reading about the various Fads people are putting themselves through in January and feel compelled to preach to everyone about.

If they feel like torturing themselves for a whole month then it should be done in silence.

So today I am going to drink beer, eat meat and switch off/block anything that tells me I should be doing otherwise.

If they feel like torturing themselves for a whole month then it should be done in silence.

But it's so unpleasant that they can't help but moan and wail about it. So what - it's all self-inflicted. When we encounter one of these sad individuals, what we should do is knock them to the ground and get a gallon of fine ale down them via a stirrup pump, make them eat a pile of bacon sarnies and smoke loads of cigs then casually ask "there, feeling better now"? Sometimes you gotta be cruel to be kind.

I'm doing dry January but I'm not moaning or preaching about it, come to think of it neither is anyone I know on social media who's doing it and there's a fair few of them. It's not unpleasant, it is a good way to lose a few pounds after the excess of winter and Christmas though, not to mention rejuvenate the old liver! Nah, no ones moaning here, just leave us alone to 'torture ourselves' quietly and we'll do just fine. It's a good way to fix the hop tolerance too, ill be enjoying my IPAs all the more in February :thumb:

I'm doing dry January but I'm not moaning or preaching about it, come to think of it neither is anyone I know on social media who's doing it and there's a fair few of them. It's not unpleasant, it is a good way to lose a few pounds after the excess of winter and Christmas though, not to mention rejuvenate the old liver! Nah, no ones moaning here, just leave us alone to 'torture ourselves' quietly and we'll do just fine. It's a good way to fix the hop tolerance too, ill be enjoying my IPAs all the more in February :thumb:

Equally doing wonders for my beer, wine and cider and stocks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just had a fabulous bacon / sausage and egg buttie. Tonight it's red wine / beer with a dinner of marinated pork / Bombay spuds / sweetcorn and a bit of salad as a token gesture. Why put off until next month when you can have it this one?

I am not doing dry January but am going to cut down my weekly units and the amount of **** i eat when drinking them to try and lose some of the weight i have piled on over the Christmas period.

Don’t tar everyone with the same brush. Back in 2004, a 19 year old me decided he wanted to get healthy in the new year. I lost 5 stone and have kept it off (give or take the odd half stone or so here and there) for the best part of 13 years.

Thanks to illness and stress at work meaning no exercise and a bit of comfort eating, I’ve put on about a stone and a half over the last 2 months. Tomorrow is day one of being back to normal.

My diet is going to start just as soon as all the Christmas chocolate is gone, which will probably be late November.

Just letting off steam.....

I am sick of reading about the various Fads people are putting themselves through in January and feel compelled to preach to everyone about.

So today I am going to drink beer, eat meat and switch off/block anything that tells me I should be doing otherwise.

I see you've taken up Complainuary :smile:

Just gonna eat better in 2018. Bit more veggies, bit less snacking. 2017 was fun, but there's a reason I'm avoiding the scales.

Unfortunately I can’t stop drinking this January, or else I won’t have enough empty bottles to package the brews I did over Christmas. It’s currently a race between my drinking, and the yeast’s fermenting. I think the yeast are winning.

Unfortunately I can’t stop drinking this January, or else I won’t have enough empty bottles to package the brews I did over Christmas. It’s currently a race between my drinking, and the yeast’s fermenting. I think the yeast are winning.
It's I bit like my school reports "Must try harder"
I'm sure you can beat the yeast.:)

Equally doing wonders for my beer, wine and cider and stocks !

Actually I do have something to complain about dry January, 40 pints less space in the garage to bottle beer in February :sulk:

Actually I do have something to complain about dry January, 40 pints less space in the garage to bottle beer in February :sulk:

Valid point ! I’m going to have to buy some PET bottles before the month is out.
That’ll be four crates and shelves all full !

I do understand there are some people that suffer in silence and feel better for a bit before going back to normal and feeling even better. I just don’t like being told the various ways my horrible meat eating and beer guzzling ways upset need to change because of upsetting the cosmos.

Back