Favourite Beer Style

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What’s your favourite style of beer

• Bitter

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • IPA

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Pale Ale

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Wheat Beer

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Stout or Porter

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Belgium Beers

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • German Beers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Pilsner

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Sours

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Belgium for me, some styles are so complex and malty with that lovely distinctive yeast flavour. Some examples are for me the absolute pinnacle on what represents the perfect beer.

And they must be treated with respect, on a drinking trip to Ghent we 'sampled' some quads and found one of our group asleep in the urinal!

I voted for IPA but I like more than one of the styles and it does change through the seasons

I voted IPA, but when I just have IPA’s or Pale Ales I have a serious hankering for a nice Wheat Beer. I love them all really.

Let us know what you think of it
Brewed a version of your Lancashire pale ale yesterday Rod. Scaled to 23l and used NZ malts (Gladfield Aurora and medium crystal as I wanted it very pale). Stupidly I forgot the rolled oats, will see how it goes, looks and smells great. Comedy pic for thread... :D
Lancashire.jpg

I think for me it's bitters and saisons I like most I think.

But I like any kind of ale and it varies according to time of year. I don't often drink lagers. I drink more dark beers in winter. I mostly stay under 6% and I'm increasingly brewing lower abv beers, 3 to 4.5%. Usually pale, a mix of English, Belgian and American styles

What about mild and brown ale?

Brewed a version of your Lancashire pale ale yesterday Rod. Scaled to 23l and used NZ malts (Gladfield Aurora and medium crystal as I wanted it very pale). Stupidly I forgot the rolled oats, will see how it goes, looks and smells great. Comedy pic for thread... :D
View attachment 65830

Wish I could get mine to be as clear as that. The FG brew I mean! 😂

Latest posts

Back