Fermenting in pressure barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

better days

Reaction score
Back in March when this virus started I decided to get some brews going. I had a kit a Xmas present so I decided to get that going. It is a 40 pint kit but I usually brew smaller 1 or 2 gallon all-grain or grain + extract. So I had a 5-gallon plastic fermenting bucket so I used that after getting it all done and yeast in I put it in my fermenting fridge. Next day a large pool of wort in the fridge, the tap was leaking I put the wort into the only 5 gallon barrel I had, my pressure barrel so I could fix the tap but the thread was damaged I didnt have another tap, shops were shut, online would take time the wort by now was fermenting nicely so I have left it in pressure barrel. Added the Hops supplied with kit and put it the understair cupboard. I tried it today and it was lovely. So can I leave it in PB I dont have enough bottles to put it in well not yet. I worry that it may pick up some off-tastes by laying on the trub and dead yeast. It was going into PB anyway so can I leave it where it is. Anyone done this sort of thing and was it OK Thanks Betterdays.

Latest posts

Back