Fizzy Coopers IPA !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnie

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up my new coopers starter kit just over 2 weeks ago and am already on my second brew, the popular woodford wherry. This brewing lark has got me by the balls!

Anyway I have a question regarding my 1st brew which was a Coopers IPA. I left it in the FV for only a week as it had got down to 1006 fg and I couldn't wait to get my wherry on :P , as I'd heard such good things about it on here. So I have bottled my IPA in the plastic coopers bottles provided and added a carbination drop in each of the 500ml bottles.

Now although I've brought another 24 bottles I need to free up a few more as the wherry will be ready in just over a week (2 wks in FV). So I've started to try a couple of bottles of my IPA over the weekend, and I must say after a week in the FV, 6 Days in the warm and 1-2 days in the cold, it is already very clear and very drinkable :) I'm trying one every other day so I can free up some bottles and track the differences as the beer matures.

Although I'm happy enough with the taste although you can tell it's still got a bit to go in that department, the bit thats slightly worrying me is the fizzyness, as it almost seems to fizzy/harsh before it calms down in your mouth. Will this calm down so the beer gets smoother as the it matures or will it become even more fizzy as the weeks go by?

Sorry for the long post, but I really am loving this brewing lark and have already put a stock pot to one side so I can attempt a BIAB Bathams Bitter :eek:

:cheers:

The bubbles generally get smaller with time in the bottle which can make it smoother. The carbonation drops are very handy but they are one size fits all so you cant adjust carbonation for a style. I batch prime now when i bottle and i prefer it.

Latest posts

Back