food grade pipe?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajt24

Reaction score
How important is it to use food grade pipe? Im rigging up my pressure barrel to a beer tap but need to reduce my pressure barrel tap end down to 1/4 beer line, but as i will only require a couple of inches of bigger pipe (which i can get hold of from work) does it have to be food grade, it will only be in contact with the beer when the pump in use, and what would be the worse case of using it thanks

How important is it to use food grade pipe? Im rigging up my pressure barrel to a beer tap but need to reduce my pressure barrel tap end down to 1/4 beer line, but as i will only require a couple of inches of bigger pipe (which i can get hold of from work) does it have to be food grade, it will only be in contact with the beer when the pump in use, and what would be the worse case of using it thanks
I myself am very particular what hose I use as you dont know its make up,get some milkhose which is foodgrade and pretty cheap

Back