Forum meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When's best for you for the meet up

• 15th Nov

• 29th Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't get any flights. Quantas are too expensive, as are BA. :(

So, I'm thinking the 15th, going by restrictions above. Anyone can't make it for this date?

I'd also need to kip over so is there anywhere nearby you would recommend?

RTD stayed over at a local establishment last year, he may be able to offer some advice :thumb:

15th is good for me... i think :wha:

just need a place to crash and it's all systems go :thumb:

I'd definatly be up for a pint or two and a natter with you chaps :cheers:

I'll sort some transport this time, so I can stop a while longer :party:

can't make the 15th unfortunatly, as I'm abroad.

By the way, great job: Wez, V1, AT, ...et al, on setting up this brewing forum, looks like it's going to be brilliant :P

I might be tempted.

Although last time I went up to Manchester I ended up getting mugged.

I'll get over it.

EDIT: Just noticed it's our CAMRA branch trip to the Outstanding Brewery and teh Bury Beer Festival.

15th on reserve.
Is the 29th any better for all then?
I know were probably not going to be able to accomodate everyone, but you never know :hmm:

I can make either date I think but arghh - the last train I can catch home is 22:26 - the one after that is not till 8am :shock:

the last train I can catch home is 22:26 - the one after that is not till 8am

So you're there for the lock in....good man :rofl:
We could always start earlier for you....the lengths we go to for our fellow brewers :thumb:

I'm practically vibrating with excitement already, and there is a lot of me to vibrate :shock:

V1, it’s not: cellarman’s spile hammer’, It’s cellargirl’s spigot basher. :lol:

‘Sarah’ the cellargirl brews for the Crown’s at ‘3 Rivers’ and her brewery is known as (Cellar Rat). Some of her beers are on at the Crown now and again, but beware ‘Rat Ars****ed’ is very strong, >7%. :drunk:

Recently she had two beers at the Stockport beer festival. ‘Fat Rat’ and ‘Rosie Rat’, the latter contained the herb, rosemary . It won second place and was only beaten my Marble Brewery :!:

She was telling us about that Rosemary beer last time we were there :thumb:

V1, it’s not: cellarman’s spile hammer’, It’s cellargirl’s spigot basher.

Whatever it is it looked dangerous in Ryans hands :rofl:

It won second place and was only beaten my Marble Brewery

Well done RA :clap:

Has Sarah got any further along the lines of her own brewery in the celler yet?

Has Sarah got any further along the lines of her own brewery in the celler yet?

I did hear something about that, I think they were looking at small 2.5BRL breweries. I guess we'll have to ask her

Last time I spoke to her, she mentioned that she had stopped brewing at 3 rivers for the time being.

A few weeks ago they had 'Sarah's Beer Bash' with another 10 ales in the tent in the back yard, couple of bands on. Unfortunatly it rained, but that didn't stop folk having a good time :drink:

Vossy1 said:
15th on reserve.
Is the 29th any better for all then?
I know were probably not going to be able to accomodate everyone, but you never know :hmm:

Vossy, I wouldn't mind popping along...unfortunately last train back from Stockport 21.30. :roll:

But my lad has a girlfriend in Manchester...So I might be able to arrange a lift ;) ..or a kip in student accomodation :hmm:

Cant make the 15th though....will be in Dublin for a few beers :party: :party:...but 29th would be OK

A few weeks ago they had 'Sarah's Beer Bash' with another 10 ales in the tent in the back yard

That would make near 24 beers on draught....feck me...that's awesome. I bet there are few pubs in the country that can say that without involving pop :shock:
I don't get in there often enough RA. Can I be cheeky and ask you to pm me if they have any events....worth a ask.
I'll pop in ans see Sarah and Lee to reserve a table for the meet up and to get a list of expected beers.

The 29th is looking favourite at the mo :cool:

Back