Forum meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When's best for you for the meet up

• 15th Nov

• 29th Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've added a poll to the forum meet up to see what's the best date for everyone.
If you could list below this post it would be much appreciated :thumb:

i'm good either way but the 29th is better when it comes to funds

Can I be cheeky and ask you to pm me if they have any events....worth a ask.

No probs V1, if I hear anything on the grapevine, you'll be the first to know. Could always add news to the 'Events' forum as well.

I'll just go with the majority, 29th looks best up to now :cool: and I guess it would give folk more time for arrangments.

[aside

Maybe in view of the Crown's popularity/selection etc, a 'Pub Review' forum might be an idea, so folk know where the good drinking holes are and what they are likely to find. :hmm:

]

BUMP! :D

Still going ahead?

Haven't worked out if I'm coming yet but does anyone know any suitable B&Bs around there? Last train back is 20:30. Or 23:26 if I want to spend another 20 quid on a taxi from Chester.

Jamesb, last time I stopped at the Acton Court which is about half an hours walk away from the Crown, although there were plenty of buses going up & down the main road too (I caught one back).
It's not 5 star but it's certainly competitive*. Seriously, it's fine for one night & a cooked brekky was included :thumb:

Shame I can't make it this year :cry:

*Copyright S. Coogan

eskimobob said:
I can make either date I think but arghh - the last train I can catch home is 22:26 - the one after that is not till 8am :shock:

Found that I can get a slightly later train 23:07 to Whaley Bridge which is nearby :thumb: - Presumably we're talking about the 29th since that is most popular :hmm:

Presumably we're talking about the 29th since that is most popular

Yep 29th seems to be the best bet....just one dilema....for me.
It's also the date of the NCBA meet up in the avo....maybe some of their members might come along....I'll ask ;)

eskimobob said:
Vossy1 said:
It's also the date of the NCBA meet up in the avo....maybe some of their members might come along....I'll ask ;)

Hmmm - where's that then V?
Staylybridge railway station buffet bar. We will start at 12 noon and have booked the back room - food will be available.

Aleman said:
Staylybridge railway station buffet bar. We will start at 12 noon and have booked the back room - food will be available.

And what a fantastic bar that is too.

Hmmm - I wonder if I could attend both... Does anyone know what the rules are regarding breaking a train journey? - eg if I got a return ticket to Stalybridge, would I be able to get off at Stockport on the way back and then later get back on at Stockport to complete my trip home?? :hmm:

eskimobob said:
Hmmm - I wonder if I could attend both... Does anyone know what the rules are regarding breaking a train journey? - eg if I got a return ticket to Stalybridge, would I be able to get off at Stockport on the way back and then later get back on at Stockport to complete my trip home?? :hmm:

I don't know what the rules are over there but i can't see how there would be a problem :roll: Phone them and ask?

A T said:
eskimobob said:

I don't know what the rules are over there but i can't see how there would be a problem :roll: Phone them and ask?

They don't usually have a problem. They're usually quite happy with "journey breaks" as they call it.

We've done a Leeds trip via Manchester getting off at every good place to drink with no problemsl ( until I got mugged in Manc, but that's another story!)

jamesb said:
A T said:
eskimobob said:

They don't usually have a problem. They're usually quite happy with "journey breaks" as they call it.

We've done a Leeds trip via Manchester getting off at every good place to drink with no problemsl ( until I got mugged in Manc, but that's another story!)

Vossy :rofl:

A T said:
jamesb said:
[quote="A T":1avi9dhk]Vossy :rofl:

I don't get it. :?

W A S I T V O S S Y W H O M U G G E D Y O U ? :lol:[/quote:1avi9dhk]

I had nothing shiny on me at the time so I doubt it.

Unless he was a (&(&£(&£($&£(&^$)_"$%)$"&^$")&^%($"*&%)$"&%$%&_)$"&astard.

Vossy,

I don't know what's happening with the meet now..but after voting for 29th, It is doubtful I will now be able to attend on that date. I am unfortunately on "call-Out" duty from work and therefore not allowed to drink :cry: also not supposed to be more than 40 miles from work :x So I cant even come and be the miserable sober 8astard :D

Latest posts

Back