Genius Stout 07/10/08 update

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wez said:
I wanna brew a stout now too :drink:

Go on ;) you know you want to...

That's a similar recipe to my standard stout (although I brew a 19 litre length). I usually aim for about 34 IBU - if comparing to Draft Guinness then I reckon it is somewhere about right - if comparing to Guinness Export on the other hand, your 70 IBU would be better :twisted:

Wez said:
let us know what you think of first wort hopping (assuming you dont normally do it)
This is the first time I have tried first wort hopping I am going to do the same brew in the morning but i'll hop when the wort's boiling to see if there is any difference and i'll let you know :thumb:

eskimobob just looked your website and noticed you done a vanilla stout what was it like?

that looks brilliant! :thumb:

it's making me wanna brew the taRd recipe again :D.... as soon as i get some scales!

hows it going ni9e? i had a good crusty head on mine after two days... smelling good?

i'm really excited to hear your views on this :D

BrewStew said:
hows it going ni9e? i had a good crusty head on mine after two days... smelling good?

Its going well its been bubbling like a steamtrain :grin: but it has slowed right down now I don't like opening the FV but took this pic from outside looks like it had a good head on it :thumb:

DSC_00033.jpg

I really can't wait for this brew to be ready if it tastes as good as it smells I'll be one happy bunny :drink:

sounds and looks exactly like how mine performed mate. i had a yeast head within first 24 hours... crust by 48, and died down by 72 (but was still going like a rocket on the quiet as in lost at least a couple of hydro marks a day)

i love smelling all that roasted malt :D

Start with the eye candy :D

first pint drawn

PB020072.jpg

First taste

PB020073.jpg

Thoughts.... omfg did I make this :cheers: this is the tastiest stout I have made :drink: don't know about a guiness clone this is better than the real thing in my opinion...... but for my taste it needs to be a tad more bitter maybe it'll get better with age if it gets to be old :shock: it has good head retention and feels silky smooth in the mouth enough typing more drinking :rofl:

Cheers BS for sharing this wonderfull recipie :thumb:

WAHEY!!!!

**BrewStew is dancing**

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

god i was so tense waiting for you to get on with it :lol:

i'm so glad you like it mate :thumb:

i might give it a go with Northdown and see what the difference is sometime

It tastes better than it looks I'm gonna be smpling quite a few of these tonight :drunk:

:lol: :lol:

careful! it doesnt weigh heavy on the stomach, unlike guinness. you can drink this stuff all day long and not feel bloated... and then you'll fall over :lol:

hehe i thought my mind was playing tricks on me and then thought "nah it's gotta be a table leg"... but then second guessed myself because of the dovetail joint which wouldn't be on a table leg :lol:

BrewStew said:
dovetail joint which wouldn't be on a table leg :lol:

you know more about woodworking than me then I have no idea what a dovetail is :oops:

i think that's what it's called :oops:

i've no knowledge of woodworking either... but i know that a dovetail joint is so called, because it's angled and looks like a dovetail :lol:

looking at it more closely that's probably not what its called... but i do know that it wouldn't be on a table leg :lol:

I'm more interested on the buisness end that bolts onto the wood its a nice way to get a free meal in this credit crunch :thumb:

I'm curious to know how many pints down Ni9e is :lol:

the first time i brewed this i nailed 14 pints on a school night such as this :shock: :drunk:

Latest posts

Back