GrainFather G30 steam hood for 4” in-line extractor fan ducting -Any links ideas ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
phonto.jpeg

next day (10th Dec 23)
cracking on finishing the paint!
tbh as i’m eager to get the bugga installed n secure, tested, the WAITING GAME is getting milked!
so for instance final clear varnish and proper secure maybe it’s silicone sealer.
attacking my nuts,screws,bolts for securing.

WARNING: DANGERUSS BRIANS THINKING!!
The words for the day or:
‘On the bus, off the bus!
“why didn’t i think of it before!’

the exiting option faffing on getting the frame + fan WITH ONE HAND! (not impossible!)
IMG_7155.jpeg
plus whilst i looked for nut and bolts! i found at least rubber washers, help we vibration!
IMG_7149.jpeg
IMG_7150.jpeg
it dawned on me!
bear 🐻 with me on this one guys! my brain cells are up to 5…so without losing anymore of the buggaz and waffling on n on.
WHY NOT BUILD THE FRAME THAT SECURES TO OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOW FRAME (not inside as i’m struggling with?)
in turn i can secure the fan we BRIAN (knob!) knurled what’s it’s chops
IMG_7156.jpeg
then i can take out fan, open n close window!!!
who’s with me on this option 2?
if i crack in we opt.1 need to take off (planing ) to at least get the frame not too tight! but not too loose!
as they say small bits at a time! you can take off but you can put it back!
and you just know it’s going to happen!
unless i do second securing to window frame! incase vibration n gravity takes ova!
food for thought lol 😂

I'd advise against using any extract fans whose motors are in the air stream for extracting dense steam for a prolonged period of time - this also includes cooker hoods. They're obviously designed to deal with moist showers, bathrooms and hobs, but they're not designed to deal with the continual dense steam you'll get from a 90 minute boil and the associated condensation; they'll not last too long.

Commercial extraction fans designed to deal with continual steam extraction tend to be belt driven with the motor located out of the air stream in order to protect them from the moisture.

Steam condenser is definitely the way ahead 🙂

This, I bought a cheap (damaged) stainless hood type for my 3v system and it was saturated in 10-15 mins.

18:30 pm n i’m fragged!!
😂 opened a can o worms! as far as problems arise when i’m going.
first the second osb was too short in height so a cobbled up a strip for the bottom.
IMG_7159.jpeg
offered up the board..
IMG_7161.jpeg
but things went side ways. the blumming handle!
don’t know how many hours it took but got there.
IMG_7165.jpeg
IMG_7166.jpeg
IMG_7167.jpeg
IMG_7168.jpeg
i’ll get to pc and fire a quick vid of it working
bri

Attachments

• IMG_7171.jpeg
    IMG_7171.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
11th Dec. 23.
Atm i should paint and seal!!
impatience could get better of me!
6am i’ll thought de-dust the brewery using both fan and my leaf blower!
you know how dust partials work so i’m not try insult anyone intelligence 🥴🤦‍♂️
made progress anyhoo! on the gaping hole!
IMG_7166.jpeg
IMG_7167.jpeg
IMG_7171.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7181.jpeg
    IMG_7181.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7180.jpeg
    IMG_7180.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0
jUST WASNT HAPPY.
so i frabicobbled a small steam hood type o thing.
IMG_7215.jpg
IMG_7216.jpg
IMG_7217.jpg
IMG_7218.jpg
IMG_7220.jpg
now TRYING TO PUT 355654,9988 hours pics n vid clips to make something that viewers arnt going to fall a kip with boredom!!:roll:

Latest posts

Back