Growing Hops??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would certainly work, but you can get away with a third of the size if you feed reularly with some thing like Phostrogen.
Thanks E, feed regularly is not in my gardening dictionary, so if I got for the big un I will have a safety factor of 3 :? :lol:
S

FWIW - you produce some very good fertiliser yourself. Full of nitrogen and phosphorous.
So I need my drum / pot in a secluded corner of the garden with a step up "observation" point :lol:

Brings a whole new meaning to have a squatter move into your Garden
:lol:
Don't think Mrs. S would like it.........................the roll holder screwed to the fence that is. :lol:

I believe J's advice was really referring to a light watering........... ;) :lol:

i think a picture guide from those that have done it would be a good addition to the guide section

Was starting to think my fuggle was a dud, but thought I'd look after reading the thread and have about five shoots 3cm hich :D

What Shat In the garden or Screwed a Toilet roll holder to the fence?

I do it most days and get away with it, don't want my picture on the Forum though.......... never used a screw driver............. :lol:

Think we are off topic here :hmm:

Springer said:
Think we are off topic here :hmm:

True, but urine is a very good fertiliser nonetheless. Full of nitrogen and phosphorus! Just make sure you dilute or water plentifully after you bless your hops as the high levels of osmotica might prove too much.

Seriously thanks for the tip J, I do remember many years ago my Dad talking about "watering" the runner beans, think he keep it quiet in case it put people off fancying them. ;)
Won't make my beer taste funny will it, you know what they used to say about a certain commercial brew many years ago, Don't take the p--s out of Red Barrel it need all the flavour it can get. :lol:

Dilute your urine 10-1, works wonderfully on the veg I grow (don't tell SWMBO!)

You can do it neat on the compost heap though, it makes a great compost activator.

How often should the "special" watering be applied ?
Think we had all better keep this one a secret, as it could put people of drinking the beer :lol: ...................... :hmm: that's maybe not a bad idea, will last a lot longer that way :D

Springer said:
How often should the "special" watering be applied ?
Think we had all better keep this one a secret, as it could put people of drinking the beer :lol: ...................... :hmm: that's maybe not a bad idea, will last a lot longer that way :D

Whenever you get caught short or SWMBO won't get out of the bathroom!

I do it once a week on my toms, but I also use a normal feed as well twice a week.

Whoo-hoo! Got my 4 hops today. Planted 2 in 3.3gallon buckets and 2 in smaller pots. I'm moving soon, so dont want to have to dig them out again.

Got a phoenix, an admiral, a fuggles and a golding. :D

Latest posts

Back