Growing Hops??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know a good hop growing website /information i have a very long fence eight foot tall but 40 metres long that would look good with a hop bine on it,

does anyone know how to store, preserve and harvest the hops too

hedgerow pete said:
does anyone know a good hop growing website /information i have a very long fence eight foot tall but 40 metres long that would look good with a hop bine on it,

does anyone know how to store, preserve and harvest the hops too
store in a cool dark area pick when the cones are papery and have the yellow lupulin dust in them and seal them with a vacuum sealer

pm sent

the going rate seams to be £7 per root plus another £6 postage, does anyone know any where cheaper.

or considering how close i am to bromyard does anyone know any hop farmers near there that i can pop around to and buy a single root off

Brothermalice and T0m i need ur email addys by PM or no books.
Jim i thought i had sent you them? They are 15mb in total one book is 7mb alone so loads of stuff. Once i get the above email addys ill send out ok.

PMSL @Jim ha ha ok no probs m8.
To all those who sent me email via PM the files are on the way 16mb of em - please let me know via pm if the arrive ok etc

Scream

hedgerow pete said:
pm sent

the going rate seams to be £7 per root plus another £6 postage, does anyone know any where cheaper.

or considering how close i am to bromyard does anyone know any hop farmers near there that i can pop around to and buy a single root off

I have 1 x Challenger, 1 x Progress and 1 Target hop plants for sale. They are in 10li tubs and guarenteed to crop this year.
£5.00 each.

just been round to johnnyboy1965 and he has sorted me out proud with three cracking hop plants, almost worth the hassel of the day for them.
if anyone in brum wants hops, well worth a try is our john

Folks,

Thinking of trying hops from scratch. I've ordered some seed but have no idea what variety they are and of course I still have the problem of sorting male and female plants - web-searching hasn't thrown up many hits at all, and I was keen to start something off, I'm sure I'll learn more thru' experience with them.

I'm therefore looking for some female root stock that I can propagate. I'm thinking of Fuggles and if I can get some, some UK Cascade (I understand that the UK variety has been bred for our climate).

If Screamland is willing, I'd be grateful for a copy of his references to study.

Many thanks,

Col. P.

check the seed names i brought some off fleabay and all there were was a bag standard naturual hedgerow hop which is next to useless for beer making , as i found to my costs,

i have just picked three two yearold plants from jonnyboy, well worth the cash, i like you will also be looking for a cascade and a fuggle as they seem to be in most of the recipes that i seam to like .

but i am looking to having to stick my hand in the pocket for that one or two plants, so they will have to wait untill i have a job and some spare cash, it just gauls me i have to pay £9 plus postage for em, i might wait untill the next time i go to france for a fag run and in that way see if there cheaper over there as most plants are

Back