Hi from Newbury

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gripped

Reaction score
Hello all

Just registered because I have a specific question to ask which I will post in the relevant place.

New to homebrew. My other half bought me the equipment for my birthday in October but it was mid November before I got around to starting.

First brew was a Youngs Harvest Pilsner. Wasn't bad once it had cleared in the pressure barrel properly (I'm impatient) but fairly weak. I don't know the actual strength as I only purchase a hydrometer after I'd started it. All been drank now.

Second brew was Youngs Harvest Bitter. That's in the barrel now. About 30 pints left. Very pleasent. I added "Beer Brite" finings to this when I put it in the barrel and it did clear a lot quicker than the pilsner.

Currently in the fermentation tub is John Bull London Porter. I added an extra 500g of Muntons Dark Spraymalt to hopefully up the ABV a little ? I have also added a immersion heater to the tub as I think the temperature was a bit to variable on the first two brews. OG was around (I need to get a trail jar) 1.050 and is now about 1.014 and still fermenting but slowly. I gather from what I've read that the FG will be a bit higher than if I had not added the spraymalt ?

Next brew is undecided. I have a Magnum Strawberry cider kit. Which Is what my question is about . I'll post another thread in the proper place.
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=21090

So hello again.

And thanks for all the great information I've gleaned while lurking the last month :thumb:

Welcome to the forum, i'm just finishing my keg of Harvest Bitter it's a nice pint
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back