Hi There

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gippeswyk

Reaction score
First started home brewing in the late 1970's. Had mixed results with various Beers, and moved onto Wine kits (seemed to be less work!). After a break of around 30 years I am getting back into it. I still have some of my old kit around. I have a hydrometer jar from boots, in the original box, with a price tag of 80p.

Interested in brewing some Cider (I'd love to be able to make something akin to Aspalls, any tips?) and then moving onto some of the Beer kits. There seems to be much more around now, especially from household names such as Woodforde's which I may be tempted to give a try. I will wait awhile before I tackle raw ingredient recipes.

Had a good look around the site and it all looks very interesting. Looking forward to joining in.

Cheers
:drink:

I and welcome. I to started in the late 70s but brewing today bears no resemblance to those days, and for the better.

I guess you need to try one/some of the kit ciders and try to tweak it/them. Not done any kits so can't suggest which to start with to get close to Aspall's, hopefully somebody else here can. My missus drinks Aspall's sometimes but I just asked her what style it is, what it's like, and she said "I dunno. It's OK"

Getting the right mix of real apples would be tricky, and the process is laborious

TurboCider can make great stuff, but I dunno how to make it come out like Aspall's (OTOH it's very cheap)

Back